Thinking of expaning the flock

pgras123

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Greenfield Indiana
We built a really great 64 square feet Coop and we only got 9 birds for it back in March. Now I want more - I cant be the first person this has happended to.

Obviousley I cant buy them from the local farm store until next spring.

Is it a bad idea to get new chickens now? Will they lay in 5 months (in the middle of winter). What will my 9 girls think of newcomers. And how many more should I get so they all feel comfy?

Were is the best place to order chicks from in the fall.

And one other thing - the red sex link we have lays the biggest egg every single day -maybe I shoud get more of her. . Is this a fluke or what?

Hi,
This is probably a lost cause because I'm in northern Va. but I have 8 production red hens already laying and a beautiful white leghorn rooster (Sir Lancelot) who I need to find a good home for. If you're interested, let me know. I'm willing to meet you half way.

Ellen

I want more birds, there are so many different kinds. I am just finishing my coop with a double run. I figure for the money I spent on this coop, I can by dog runs a lot cheaper. Then add small coop on the end. I can see it now 10 dog runs side by side, each with different breeds.
yippiechickie.gif

I bought some chicks back in Feb, all pullets assorted brown egg layers and I am in the process of thinning my flock, If you are interested we could meet half way and get you some 8 month old layers.
Peace,
Dave

Buckeyedave, how many hens are you parting with? I will be in Columbus Nov. 1-2, and may be interested. Is Minster anywhere near there? How much do you want for them?

Back
Top Bottom