Thinking out loud, want more chicks

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
Ok, I really don't NEED more but everyone here knows what happens and the chicken bug bites. I have found a new breed of chickens I just have to have. Thing is, she only sells hatching eggs. I have a Brinsea incubator I have never used. Was thinking I should wait till spring and try to order eggs when a KW hen of mine goes broody. I just can't seem to wait that long. I mean really, another 6 months?!?! Last year I waited 6 months for my Araucana chicks. Out of 15 I only have 5 left. ( Got rid of 8 cockerels and 2 others have died in the last 2 weeks, no clue why) I am getting over major surgery and feel like I need something to lift my spirits.My main concern is housing the little guys once they get to big to keep inside. It will be cold here by then. Oh well, just needed to think out loud. Jeez I really want the eggs.

You aren't expecting anyone here to talk you out of getting eggs are you?????
lau.gif

Go for it!!!!!!!
wee.gif

How about this, we wait together. I want more too. I have 12 week old bantys. I want big fat laying hens.

I have another coop, just have to get the storage stuff out of it.

I am going to force myself to wait til spring. Want to wait with me?

They are called kikiriki's and they are a very tiny breed. They probably have a real name and it's probably some normal, everyday bantam. But, they have roots to Key west and when I found them, well ya'll know how that goes. I also wanted some brown egg layers for my parents this spring so I guess I'll be waiting for those at least.

Back
Top Bottom