~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

So um... I need help figuring out how to get all the eggs I have to fit in my incubator.
IMG_20140411_104522_zpsiur0esry.jpg

This is our hovabator, 56 turkey eggs, I could prob fit a few more but didn't want to be excessive, haha :)

So um... I need help figuring out how to get all the eggs I have to fit in my incubator.
IMG_20140411_104522_zpsiur0esry.jpg

This is our hovabator, 56 turkey eggs, I could prob fit a few more but didn't want to be excessive, haha :)

Pffft! Amateurs! Make all of those eggs stand up and you could fit lots more in.

And THEN there is the possibility of stacking UPWARDS!

Remember, the more eggs in the incubator, the more stable the temps! :D

I just candled my 12 turkey eggs and 9 are definitely fertile. Yay! I even caught a glimpse of a heart flickering. I hope most make it to hatching!

Pffft! Amateurs! Make all of those eggs stand up and you could fit lots more in.

And THEN there is the possibility of stacking UPWARDS!

Remember, the more eggs in the incubator, the more stable the temps! :D

So here is what I came up with and I could still fit more eggs if my dh would let me. But I now have 51 eggs in a bator that should only be able to fit 42.

IMG_20140412_005559_zpsiksr0sgx.jpg

So, I've read about having chicks as teachers for poults, which I always have both hatchin so no big deal. But today, I have ONLY poults, & I've sold out of ALL of my baby chicks. So, anything special I need to do???

Spend a little more time showing the poults where the water and food is repeatedly. I"ve hear two schools of throught-- poults need a parent to help with these feeding activities and two they dont. I tend to err on the give help side as I don't want to lose them.

------------------------
I'm giving my hatch long friends fist option on these eggs----

I have a number of mixed breeds turkey eggs if anyone is interested. 12 eggs for $44-- double boxed in the large priority box. WOuld like to ship them out today. 6 eggs are $30

THese are from 2 pens. A mix of AUburn, narriganset, bourbon reds ( 3-way crosses mostly) and a pen of sweetgrass that had a BR male in it along with 3 SG males. So 3/4 chance of pure SG from that pen.

I need to run a few errands this morning so I"ll check back at 10am est.

Spend a little more time showing the poults where the water and food is repeatedly. I"ve hear two schools of throught-- poults need a parent to help with these feeding activities and two they dont. I tend to err on the give help side as I don't want to lose them. 

------------------------
I'm giving my hatch long friends fist option on these eggs----

I have a number of mixed breeds turkey eggs if anyone is interested.  12 eggs for $44-- double boxed in the large priority box. WOuld like to ship them out today. 6 eggs are $30

THese are from 2 pens. A mix of AUburn, narriganset, bourbon reds ( 3-way crosses mostly) and a pen of sweetgrass that had a BR male in it along with 3 SG males. So 3/4 chance of pure SG from that pen.

I need to run a few errands this morning so I"ll check back at 10am est.  

Here is a link to Porter Turkey's raising poults tips: http://www.porterturkeys.com/poultstartingtips.htm

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom