This bantam LOVES his ameraucana ladies

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
Every so often he pulls the ameraucanas by the heads lol but they love him and they are always together. He’s the only one of his kind in my flock…so I’m going to let him stay. He’s not even crowing it’s crazy he’s 6-7 months old!

But i just had to share this love story!

These ameraucanas like to sit on each other when they roost there are actual roosts but they apparently need to snuggle at night ❤️

Attachments

• AC839880-635F-4975-A358-D55F79282A2C.jpeg
    AC839880-635F-4975-A358-D55F79282A2C.jpeg
    601.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 1313A250-4698-42CB-AFA6-0ED0B7E5590E.jpeg
    1313A250-4698-42CB-AFA6-0ED0B7E5590E.jpeg
    634.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 86CD9809-6A61-493D-852C-F729318C1842.jpeg
    86CD9809-6A61-493D-852C-F729318C1842.jpeg
    681 KB · Views: 15
That's so cute! :love :love Thanks for sharing.

Hey, off subject, but for them not roosting, for their age you might want to teach them to roost. Start by putting them on the perch at night every night for a couple of weeks or until they get the hang of it. ;)

Every so often he pulls the ameraucanas by the heads lol but they love him and they are always together. He’s the only one of his kind in my flock…so I’m going to let him stay. He’s not even crowing it’s crazy he’s 6-7 months old!

But i just had to share this love story!

These ameraucanas like to sit on each other when they roost there are actual roosts but they apparently need to snuggle at night ❤️
He looks super adorable with the big girls :love :D

That's so cute! :love :love Thanks for sharing.

Hey, off subject, but for them not roosting, for their age you might want to teach them to roost. Start by putting them on the perch at night every night for a couple of weeks or until they get the hang of it. ;)
Most definitely! I didn’t Even think about that! My coop is just like a house so I guess it didn’t even come to my mind. Thanks!

Can I ask a honest question? What would happen if they didn’t roost and just laid on top of eachother? This was a habit when they were young they would all corner to the corner in my coop (there were not any big birds at that time, I rehomed to rotate my flock) My leghorns figured it out and I would put them on the roost. My one blue ameraucana has figured it out but these four just refuse.

Can I ask a honest question? What would happen if they didn’t roost and just laid on top of eachother? This was a habit when they were young they would all corner to the corner in my coop (there were not any big birds at that time, I rehomed to rotate my flock) My leghorns figured it out and I would put them on the roost. My one blue ameraucana has figured it out but these four just refuse.
For sanitary reasons it's best they roost, especially if they are going to pile up on each other. If you place them on a roost bar in the evening and turn out the lights, do this every day, eventually they learn to roost.

Back
Top Bottom