This could get controversial: Trueblood VS Twilight

Quote:
YES, yes, yes! I agree!
Just for curiosity sake... Who has read Ann Rice ? I think we have all her books here, (except someone said she wrote 'erotica' as well but I've never been driven to find or read any of it.
Mayfair Witches is a far better story to me, Mayfair Witches but the last of the Blackwell books left me uninspired.
smile.png

Lisa

I like Anne Rice also. She wrote under Anne Rampleing. I read one of her erotica books (sleeping beauty) and didn t really care for it.

Quote:
clap.gif
I refused to be the one to do it, but now that you have...
celebrate.gif

Of course, she does get a bit wordy sometimes... really you need THAT long to describe a front porch... but the stories are so rich... I cry when Claudia is toasted... every freaking time... what a wuss huh?

Trueblood.
smile.png
(Though both of those would be out the window if they did movies or tv shows of the Kim Harrison book series!)

Quote:
I TOTALLY AGREE!

I've read all four of the Twilight books and enjoyed them well enough, but the third and especially the fourth seemed rushed to me. It seemed to like the author was in a hurry to finish them for her fans. I enjoyed the movies far more and I already have tickets for Eclipse. No, there aren't any Academy Awards in the making, but still fun to watch (EYE CANDY!)

As for the Sookie Stackhouse books, I could only get through the first 4 and part of the 5th. I just got bored with them. I liked watching the HBO series more than reading the books because it required no imagination. I don't have HBO so I didn't see the new season opener the other night, but I'd rather wait until the whole season is available on DVD and watch it marathon style anyway.

Quote:
clap.gif
I refused to be the one to do it, but now that you have...
celebrate.gif

Of course, she does get a bit wordy sometimes... really you need THAT long to describe a front porch... but the stories are so rich... I cry when Claudia is toasted... every freaking time... what a wuss huh?

Anne Rice IS the Queen of the Dammed!!!! No one better than her! Well maybe Mr Stoker, but seriously she's a great writer!!!!

ETS - the site doesn't like that particular title! LOL!

Last edited:
Quote:
YES, yes, yes! I agree!
Just for curiosity sake... Who has read Ann Rice ? I think we have all her books here, (except someone said she wrote 'erotica' as well but I've never been driven to find or read any of it.
Mayfair Witches is a far better story to me, Mayfair Witches but the last of the Blackwell books left me uninspired.
smile.png

Lisa

I still vote for Chelsea Quinn Yarbro. Kind vampires, contrasted against the brutality of some of history's most horrific eras.

I've got all her Vampire and Taltos books, none of her Erotica or Church ones. I don't doubt those other categories are good, the woman is great with fiction, but with kiddos in the house I don't think I'll be bringing that sort of thing in... esp. not when I know how... ahem rowdy some of her stuff can be.

I know Twilight is young adult... but riddle me this... what do you consider young adult? I about laid an egg when I saw a FIRST GRADER toting book one around. Then again, I know the girl's mom... being as her DD is same grade as ours and her DS is same as ours... drama drama drama... I'd hide in a vampire book too. I was reading Rice when I was... ohhh prolly 12 or so... but I can't imagine 7... boggling.

Quote:
OK I do really like the twilight movies, and the books, but thats because I like security so the predictability makes me happy.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse books, they are awesome, but I dont really like the show TruBlood... I agree with everything you said about all the actors for both shows...

Back
Top Bottom