This don't look like a chicken in my chicken coop

What a great story! I'm glad it ended happily with the family coming to get her. As others have mentioned, I'm sure that by now they thought their poor dog was long gone.

Wow, what an awesome story. I'm so glad you found her and reunited her with her family.
celebrate.gif

Great story - what a story that dog could tell about being on her own for that long. She's a lucky dog in many ways : to have survived, to have found you, and to have been reunited with her family. Well done. I applaud you.

Great story - what a story that dog could tell about being on her own for that long.  She's a lucky dog in many ways : to have survived, to have found you, and to have been reunited with her family.  Well done.  I applaud you.

x2!!! I thought you used "he" in post #4, so I assumed the dog was a male. Sorry and great job!!!!

Vicki,

I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email to your local paper with a link to this post. I told them they should do a story on this. With all the crap that goes on now a days, THIS is the kind of stuff we need to see more often. If contacted and you don't want to I am sure you can decline, but you did a wonderful thing here and many people, as you can already see, find it very heart warming. I can't say I would have done the same, but this story gives me cause to pause and think that if it were to happen to me in the future I would feel a lot differently. You have some good karma coming your way!

Vicki,

What a truly wonderful thing you have done for a sweet, helpless dog and her family!! I love dobermans and have had them and to think of one of my boys being lost like that....makes me shiver to think how scared that poor baby must have been! Thank you for what you have done!! You really are a very, very kind lady!!
thumbsup.gif
And I am so happy you were able to reunite her with her long lost family!!
yesss.gif

I am so glad Daisy's story had such a happy ending. I refuse to be without a Doberman. The current one is a red boy named Gus

Lisa

What a reunion! I can only imagine what it must feel like to find a lost pet. My husband (before he was my hubby) had a black lab named Max. He loved that dog so much! When Max got elderly, he slipped off into the woods. Probably to die alone like so many do. My hubby never found him. He looked for him for years! He would have even loved to have found his remains. At least then he would know what happened to him. Great job!!!!

Wish you'd been around when my dog ran off last winter. He died either from being hit by a car or freezing to death 3 miles from home. Found out he'd been hanging around the guys farm where the snowplow driver found him in the ditch for 2 days and they kept chasing him off. He was a well bred, well trained, well socialized and friendly golden retriever with a collar and my phone number on it and certainly would have come when called to get the info off the collar. Snowplow driver brought us back the collar, buried the dog for us by his duck slough.

If that farmer had even a fraction of your compassion we'd still have our dog. Sometimes even the best cared for, most loved dogs get a case of wanderlust and can't find their way home. Thank you for doing the right thing, you are a wonderful person.

Back
Top Bottom