This egg was laid, boiled and peeled all in the same day *PIC*

Quote:
I just tried this. Sorry, it didn't work for me. The 2 fresh-from-the-hens eggs were better than in the past, but still not perfect. I'll give it another try with older eggs.

Quote:
I just tried this. Sorry, it didn't work for me. The 2 fresh-from-the-hens eggs were better than in the past, but still not perfect. I'll give it another try with older eggs.

I just tried it too, it worked. I didn't wanna freeze so I used the ones I had in the house. Still quite fresh eggs though and it worked. I think I have been over boiling and not leaving them in the ice water long enough. I have been trying to perfect this for the past 5 years and it has been hit or miss for me. I don't remember mom having this trouble when I lived at home, of course I was out with the animals mostly, not trying to boil eggs! LOL

My friends keep telling me to steam them, either in a steamer on the stove or in one of those vegetable steamers. She swears they come out perfect.

When I make these the eggs are at room temp. I have a basket that came with a presto cooker that fits into my saucepan. I put the eggs in the basket and lower them into the water that way. Then I can also take them out and into the ice water quickly. I set the timer for 15 min after I put them in the water. I didn't wait for them to come back to a boil but I have a burner on my stove that boils water in a couple of minutes, so it does come back to a boil very quickly. I put it just below medium after I put the eggs in and cover them. Also the cover doesn't fit tightly due to the basket handle but it doesn't seem to matter. The yolks never have the gray ring around them. A fact that I'm always proud of but my family isn't even impressed. hmph.

HECK YEA! It worked like a charm. Just boiled 1 dozen eggs, some a few days old. All peeled to perfection exept 1! Yahoo, I'm so excited! Thank you so much! 15 minutes in a rapid boil, into cold water no ice until I could hold them, peeled like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom