This family needs us!!! Please sign petition...

Just a short 150 years or so ago, this garbage could have been avoided altogether. If the first person to walk up on private property and inform the owner that he "HAD" to get rid of his chickens, goats, whatever, had gotten a thorough beating, he'd likely have found gainful employment, instead of being a leech on the public's coattail. Call it what you will, but this is WRONG. And because so many have rolled over and played possum, it has ballooned out of proportion.

Just a short 150 years or so ago, this garbage could have been avoided altogether. If the first person to walk up on private property and inform the owner that he "HAD" to get rid of his chickens, goats, whatever, had gotten a thorough beating, he'd likely have found gainful employment, instead of being a leech on the public's coattail. Call it what you will, but this is WRONG. And because so many have rolled over and played possum, it has ballooned out of proportion.

I'd love it if BYC took a stand and spoke volumes. We are many.

I happily signed. I used chickens for training my grandson's service dog, besides them being my pets as well. Animal control stated I was in violation of city ordinance so I had to get rid of them. I miss my girls and so does my dog. We are fighting City Hall to change the ordinance. Good luck to you. Chickens make incredibly good pets!

I happily signed. I used chickens for training my grandson's service dog, besides them being my pets as well. Animal control stated I was in violation of city ordinance so I had to get rid of them. I miss my girls and so does my dog. We are fighting City Hall to change the ordinance. Good luck to you. Chickens make incredibly good pets!

Thank you! Sorry you lost your girls. I just don't understand what is so bad about chickens??? Thankful I'm zoned res/ag!

Post deleted because this poster's views are not politically acceptable here at Backyard Chicken.....

The Mods

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom