This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
I just joined, but I too noticed the rainbows everywhere. We don't all need to know...
People have the freedom to express themselves however they like. Of course, you have the right to express your opinion as well but I still have the right to respond to it like I'm doing right now.

I overthink freedom and rights

I totally agree. I haven't been on BYC for a while and just came back, and I barely recognized it. I am seeing all these urgent threads a sick chicken who have like, one comment, and then I see a chat thread that has thousands of comments. It doesn't seem fair to the new chicken owners who desperately need help.
To be honest, right now I probably wouldn't recommend BYC to a new chicken keeper. Please everyone, lets work together to get this problem fixed! It can't stay like this forever!
I’ve found the best way to help in threads that you have minimal knowledge about is to either tag people, link a thread of a similar topic that has been resolved, or link a well-rated article that is relevant to the topic. For instance, a linking a detailed article about crop problems on a thread about a rooster with sour crop. This will help the original poster a lot more than blaming chat threads. The people on those chat threads may be as inexperienced as you in the situation, and if they feel obligated to respond, may just spread more misinformation.

The real issue here is so many people feel inclined to help which is good. The problems start when said person has to do a google search for the answer to someone’s question. What’s the point? If the OP in any given thread was looking for that I trust they can navigate the internet to find it themselves. Instead most are looking for firsthand experienced advice.
If you haven’t done it yourself and seen the results good or bad it may be best not to comment.

The real issue here is so many people feel inclined to help which is good. The problems start when said person has to do a google search for the answer to someone’s question. What’s the point? If the OP in any given thread was looking for that I trust they can navigate the internet to find it themselves. Instead most are looking for firsthand experienced advice.
If you haven’t done it yourself and seen the results good or bad it may be best not to comment.
True

Of course you can be gay. I don’t care who you love. But it’s annoying and frustrating when it’s EVERYTHING about you. Like, I know you’re gay, you don’t have to parade it around. It’s not a big deal. There’s a difference between being proud and seeking attention.
But that’s not even what this thread is about. Once again, certain people have come and tried to redirect the subject.

Back
Top Bottom