This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
Gotcha. Yeah I see what you mean. I think when someone is able to help someone it makes them feel good. They just need to think hard whether or not they’re just repeating what they’ve heard. It’s kinda like a *fake it til you make it* type deal.
I agree, fake it till you make it isn't the way to go when the lives of someone livestock or pets are concerned.

But if someone learns something from someone and repeats it, how is that inappropriate? Isn't part of the purpose of being here to share what we have learned, grow, and keep sharing what we learned from someone else?

I agree, fake it till you make it isn't the way to go when the lives of someone livestock or pets are concerned.

But if someone learns something from someone and repeats it, how is that inappropriate? Isn't part of the purpose of being here to share what we have learned, grow, and keep sharing what we learned from someone else?
I think it’s the difference between learned and experienced. Hands on experience is much different than just *knowing* how because someone told you how to do it.

Most newbies don't know to look at a posters prior postings,
they just take their advice right off the bat.
Tho as I type that, it may be more a lack of common sense.

I've told more than a few brand new experts members exactly that.
Yeppers....again lack of common sense.
Like telling people to put a bucket over a broody hen to make sure she stays put?:he

Not a kiddo.

Where was I rude? LOL. Ya'll are the one so upset by RAINBOWS.
You were rude.
The rainbows are your way of telling everyone your sexuality. We don't care. Keep it to yourself. If you are an adult you can be what you want, unless you are a pedophile or into bestiality then may you burn in he!!

Why does learning have to come from giving someone a wrong answer? Just wait for someone to provide the correct answer, and we can all learn form it. Misinformation is dangerous, whether spread intentionally or not.

I do agree it is not all the "kids" messing things up. But i disagree that the spread of misinformation, whether well intentioned or not, is necessary for learning.

I think you are a fine member weeg and have enjoyed your threads, especially about meat birds as pets. Not trying to criticize you personally here at all. Just making some generalizations.
See, I totally get that. I know that misinformation can be danergous, I got misinformation on a thread once and my hen didn't survive. I just don't think that members that accidentally make mistakes should be blamed for spreading misinformation. Really just saying we need to try our best to keep things friendly, because I know a few members have shied away from posting because of this.
Also, being frank is fine. No one needs to whine or get there feelings hurt because people aren't sugar coating everything, but we just have to make sure we aren't making people feel like an accidental mistake is the end of the world.
I think were on the same page here. :)

Back
Top Bottom