This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
See, I totally get that. I know that misinformation can be danergous, I got misinformation on a thread once and my hen didn't survive. I just don't think that members that accidentally make mistakes should be blamed for spreading misinformation. Really just saying we need to try our best to keep things friendly, because I know a few members have shied away from posting because of this.
Also, being frank is fine. No one needs to whine or get there feelings hurt because people aren't sugar coating everything, but we just have to make sure we aren't making people feel like an accidental mistake is the end of the world.
I think were on the same page here. :)
The point is, make mistakes in the what gender is this forum, but try not to make mistakes in the emergencies and diseases forum or incubating and hatching eggs (emergencies).

I agree with everything you've posted btw.

The point is, make mistakes in the what gender is this forum, but try not to make mistakes in the emergencies and diseases forum or incubating and hatching eggs (emergencies).

I agree with everything you've posted btw.
Understood, but even making mistakes about gender could cause someone to re-home or cull a bird unnecessarily.Best guesses are ok, however, when described that way. Gender can really be a guessing game sometimes :)

I don't think that's how OP meant it.

All of us that were here when you joined have watched you learn and grow and are proud of where you are now. You help where you can and you take corrective criticism like a champ. You file it away in your brain and you learn from it. It shows. That is how people learn. By listening and observing. Trying and then trying again.

Unfortunately some can't take constructive criticism or correction. They take it personally and get nasty. Text is flat to read, so I believe part of that at times is just lost in the translation.

That's my 2 cents on your 2 cents. 😜
I agree. The Op was talking about a slightly different topic, but other posters on this thread have brought up more of a label. Probably not on purpose, but your right, texting is pretty flat haha, and can be misunderstood very easily. I think a lot of us are on the same page here, just want to make sure I'm on the same page as well.

Back
Top Bottom