This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
I'm also here to confess...when I first joined this forum, I was part of at a lot of threads and asked a bunch of dumb questions about my own birds that really weren't important. I was overexcited and acting very immature with how enthusiastic I was-in reality, I could have spent more time greeting, researching, and answering my own questions by myself before bothering the more experienced members with trivial quail issues that I made up in my first-timer head to be of life-or-death importance. Oh, how I wish I could smack my former self on the head and tell myself to take a chill pill and not clog the forum, but I was just so excited to be part of a forum with other poultry raisers that I jumped in without thinking about how annoying I must have been to the others. I sincerely apologize. :barnie
BYC is dependent on traffic, I.e. posts to make it viable. If everyone used existing articles and never posted questions there’d be no BYC. No need to apologise :)

BYC is dependent on traffic, I.e. posts to make it viable. If everyone used existing articles and never posted questions there’d be no BYC. No need to apologise :)
I agree. Before I found this forum, I got so much misinformation from google. I usually just skip that and go right to here so I don’t do anything stupid. I wish I had got on here when my chicken had sour crop; instead I googled and vomited my girl and she aspirated and died 😒 So ask away! That’s exactly what this forum is here for!

I second this! It's important to ask questions here, even if they do seem like they could be solved by Google. It's better to get info from actual chicken owners and pass that info onto others.

I'm also here to confess...when I first joined this forum, I was part of at a lot of threads and asked a bunch of dumb questions about my own birds that really weren't important. I was overexcited and acting very immature with how enthusiastic I was-in reality, I could have spent more time greeting, researching, and answering my own questions by myself before bothering the more experienced members with trivial quail issues that I made up in my first-timer head to be of life-or-death importance. Oh, how I wish I could smack my former self on the head and tell myself to take a chill pill and not clog the forum, but I was just so excited to be part of a forum with other poultry raisers that I jumped in without thinking about how annoying I must have been to the others. I sincerely apologize. :barnie
I was the exact same way when I first joined. Part of it was that a lot of the people around me thought I was "weird" for being so into chickens. I found a space where hundreds of thousands of people were also into chickens, and it made me excited! And I was excited for my chickens, and I had so many questions that Google wouldn't answer. So I made a few threads that sounded like absolute garbage. Now I'm a bit better at doing things, although I'm still guilty of not sounding very professional at times, or adding replies that I don't need to.

I was the exact same way when I first joined. Part of it was that a lot of the people around me thought I was "weird" for being so into chickens. I found a space where hundreds of thousands of people were also into chickens, and it made me excited! And I was excited for my chickens, and I had so many questions that Google wouldn't answer. So I made a few threads that sounded like absolute garbage. Now I'm a bit better at doing things, although I'm still guilty of not sounding very professional at times, or adding replies that I don't need to.
asking a legitimate question or answering a person's question honestly doesn't bother me. People having a real conversation is interesting. What does irritate me is a new thread I'll look at, and find it's endless emojis or 1 word posts geared only for raising someone's participation numbers?. Kind of like using this site as their own game??

asking a legitimate question or answering a person's question honestly doesn't bother me. People having a real conversation is interesting. What does irritate me is a new thread I'll look at, and find it's endless emojis or 1 word posts geared only for raising someone's participation numbers?. Kind of like using this site as their own game??
I know a few members like that but I wont say who:oops:.

i 100% agree with the OP.

i don't get all these "chat" threads that are just emoji threads or seem to be some grade 7 chat room. (okay maybe there parents don't let them have social media so they join the chicken website to mess around with there friends)
Like this one?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/t̷h̷e̸-̵g̶a̴m̸e̵-chat-thread.1446192/

I dont get it either. I also dont understand half the things they say. I get random ramblings but the games and RPs....makes no sense. I remember a time when you went on Neopets, chatted on AOL and when you were bored checked out Ebaumsworld. I understand if some of these younger people need an outlet because their parents may not allow them on social media...but theres a reason they dont allow them on social media! This is a chicken site and should remain just that

Back
Top Bottom