This guy should be arrested.........

His usual MO is to wait until he corners an older hen and then pecks their head until they pass out or until he had enough. I found my black EE under a bench and had to revive her with water. For the past two nights my expired hen roosted on the opposite side of the coop and tucked is a corner. I found her under the roost with her head bashed in and one eye all torn up. The other two EEs wont leave the coop if he is out and look hysterical when he comes in the coop.

He is pretty quick when he moves in for the attack.

Here is an update. Mr Romeo was put in isolation in a fenced in blueberry patch. He is within sight of the flock and does his dancing and trying to attract the hens attention. After he was pulled from the flock a pullet was being picked on so much that she would hide in a nesting box all day. To solve that problem I put her out with him. Mr Roo checked her out she stared him down and the get along well together. He does not mount her. One last bit to note is that he does not crow. He crowed non stop in his old environment but has ceased the crowing in his new home.

I saw a picture one time of a rooster with a string tied to his leg and the other end to a post so if the hens eont want him they stay away and he cant get to them i dont know how this will affect fertility in ur hens but it ensures safety

Back
Top Bottom