Pics

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys!
These old ladies have a lot going on. We are redoing the coop in the spring, and the family had decided that the old ladies that hardly lay need to go. There will only be room for 7 chickens in the coop, and that will be tight, I have 7, but that wont be a good setup if it is going to be tight.
Anyway, on to the info.
I have 2 Buff orpington, 1 Golden sex link, 1 barred rock, one EE and 2 RIR's. The EE, 1 RIR BR and golden sex link all lay about few days in the summer, so frequently enough. The rest down lay nearly as often and are between 5-7 years old. About half of them have bumble foot, and most of them have mites, its not a good package. I am treating everything now, can I know that it isn't likely that anyone here is going to want to take them, but I thought I would try. I am in the Bellingham WA area, anyone who is interested can PM me for more info and photos. I don't want these sweeties to go to the stew pot, thanks for any interest!
IMG_7361.jpg

too bad we are so far away. I have a neighbor who has a 5yr old hen who is now alone (her fellow passed away). It would be nice for her to have company. I would happily donate the food, I buy in bulk so it never adds up to much to include one more.

good luck.... maybe a widowed hen in your area would enjoy a little company in her old-age.

too bad we are so far away. I have a neighbor who has a 5yr old hen who is now alone (her fellow passed away). It would be nice for her to have company. I would happily donate the food, I buy in bulk so it never adds up to much to include one more.

good luck.... maybe a widowed hen in your area would enjoy a little company in her old-age.
Thanks for the offer anyway, I wish we were closer as well! That would have been perfect! I am keeping my feelers out, and have someone interested, but she can't seem to convincer her parents yet to take them. Hopefully something will open up, I will keep an eye out for that widowed hen! Thanks anyway. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom