this is awful!

that makes me soo sad!
sad.png
sure they are non-native but they are still animals. couldn't a wildlife rehab center take them? the one here takes everything from domesticated spruce hen to Bengal cats to reindeer.

and yeah i'm sure they could just catch them and give them away. most of the ducks i have are rather feral but still stay in the yard.

We had a similar thing happen up our way. A small park with a pond was taken over by Muscovies. The township asked if anyone wanted them, if nobody took them, they would catch and euthanize them. Some local farmer came forward and acccepted the Ducks to live on his farm and in his pond.

just shake the flipping eggs to destroy the embryos and put them back in the nest . this way the ducks keep on sitting and dont lay new eggs. Or put birth control feed out for them. They will see a huge amount of mosquitos after the ducks are gone an no ducks there to eat them.

Last edited:
We had a ton of muscovy in Sarasota (when we lived there) some people seemed to go out of their way to kill them. We had a few at the apartments lake that used to follow us around. I loved them and plan to add some to my mini farm.

It's a shame that some local farms could take some and raise for food and eggs.

Aww. That is sad. I understand that, like the deer around here, that too many can damage the ecosystem. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to gather the ducks and sell them to farmers and gain profit, rather then spend money to kill them? Just a thought
hmm.png

Sorry to say 200 muscovy ducks could feed alot of people! I hate that they need to kill them, but on the other hand they could feed hungry people and they would think they were eating a gourmet meal!
Let alone the eggs couls feed a lot of people!

Back
Top Bottom