This is my 16 week old mystery chick I got from McMurray Hatchery last November

ChasSquirrel

Chirping
13 Years
May 28, 2009
Charleston, SC
I have looked at every single breed that McMurray sells and I can't figure it out. I had pictures of him when he was a baby but had to redo my computer and those pictures didn't get backed up like they were supposed to. He looks like a RIR or PR but he didn't look like them when he was young. He was kinda mottled black chick with dark legs. He is quite large as well. Bigger than the Red Stars he came with.

Any ideas?

Looks like a New Hampshire jumped the fence to be with some mystery hen
wink.png

He can't be a New Hampshire Red. This chick was black with a little bit of white on chest and rump. He also had blackish legs and feet. The New Hampshire Red is a yellowish and rust when hatched. This is supposed to be one of McMurray's 'rare/exotic' varieties.

he does show a wyandotte or maybe a rock body. But if he has to be a particular breed, there really isn't anything but a New Hampshire for it to be. The only other option is a production red and he just doesn't have the body for that.

he does show a wyandotte or maybe a rock body. But if he has to be a particular breed, there really isn't anything but a New Hampshire for it to be. The only other option is a production red and he just doesn't have the body for that.

He didn't look anything like a New Hamphire red chick though. ????

Back
Top Bottom