This is what happens... We have peepers!

You should have seen X's game hen's face when she saw the eggs. She's dying to be a mom. If only I can get her broody at the right time and not sitting on a wall somewhere :rolleyes: I honestly won't be surprised if she adopted the little ones.

Ha, getting a broody to be broody at the right time, there's a trick I need to learn as well. One of my girls was broody 3 or 4 times last summer, which adds up to most of the summer, but now that it's chick days at all the feed stores and I have easy access to chicks to pop under her, no dice, she doesn't wanna sit.

So since I enabled the original balut babies AND have KCs of my own I must follow along! Anxiously awaiting first candling pics. :pop
Oh, so it's YOU I should blame for this then ;) lol Gosh, you only started something.

I'm already looking forward to the first candling session. I'm going to wait until day 7 or so though.

Oh, so it's YOU I should blame for this then ;) lol Gosh, you only started something.

I'm already looking forward to the first candling session. I'm going to wait until day 7 or so though.

It was NOT intentional I swear! We we having a little taste test comparison here on BYC duck eggs vs chicken eggs vs backyard vs store bought vs quail eggs vs turkey eggs etc. and @Texas Kiki somehow accidentally ended up with balut eggs in the process and the rest is history :gig I have never hatched anything in my life!

:barnie Day 7! You are going to miss so much.

Back
Top Bottom