This is what happens... We have peepers!

Pics
Sorry for the lack of updates and pics you all! It's been a busy week and I've not been feeling great.

The babies are all doing great :) One of the splash Andalusians didn't do well at first. I started dipping her beak into watered down raw egg yolk a few times a day by Tuesday and yesterday she finally started drinking from the cup I used without me having to dip her beak for her. Today she is running around, eating, drinking water, following the others and doing so much better! :love

The ducklings are awesome. Just awesome. I decided this evening it's time for the first swim. Since we don't have a bathtub or something suitable, I put a piece of plastic under the shower's drain cover and filled the shower tub with about an inch of warm water for them. It took them a few seconds to figure out what's going on and then they had an absolute blast! I let them play until 4 of them stopped and just stood still before quickly moving them back to the brooder.

IMG_20190504_194244.jpg

Sad morning here... We lost our little dark duckling :( I have no idea what happened. It was fine, happy, enjoyed the swim yesterday and was eating and drinking and running around late last night when I sat with them. DS is heartbroken and I'm very sad too.

Sad morning here... We lost our little dark duckling :( I have no idea what happened. It was fine, happy, enjoyed the swim yesterday and was eating and drinking and running around late last night when I sat with them. DS is heartbroken and I'm very sad too.
:hit :hugs

Back
Top Bottom