This isn't a worm right???

DanielleHurst

Hatching
Mar 17, 2018
Please tell me this isn't a worm. These chickens are new to us. In quarantine. Going on two weeks now. The first week we had hay in the coop, now we have bedding. Shavings. Didn't want the warm weather to come with the hay and attract mites etc.. is this maybe hay they took in?? Please don't be worms..

Attachments

• IMG_6119.JPG
    IMG_6119.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
How old/young are these new to you birds?
Can you collect some fresh poop in the morning and run it to a vet for a fecal exam?
They are fairly cheap and it will let you know if you need to worm them or not.

How old/young are these new to you birds?
Can you collect some fresh poop in the morning and run it to a vet for a fecal exam?
They are fairly cheap and it will let you know if you need to worm them or not.
I'm not going to be able to run it to the vet, I work full time their hours are the same as mine does it look like a worm?

You could call ahead, and drop the sample off. they don't need to be open for you to drop off a sample. If they demand payment with the sample, you can write a check to cover the amount. But, if you are a regular customer of theirs, the payment issue should not be a hindrance. Most vet practices have some where they even leave meds for customers to pick up after hours. Same option should be available for drop off of a fecal.

Back
Top Bottom