this may be stupid.

gary43055

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
coons r a issue. i am thinking of some turkeys. will turkeys attack coons. is getting attack turkeys 4 coons a good ideal? if so what kind.

Quote:
It may be possible, but I wouldn't count on it. besides it wouldn't do any good at night when the turkeys are roosting. Have you tried putting up electric fencing?

A coon will bite the head off of a roosting turkey. Turkeys are pretty much defenseless against them. Better idea is a good guardian dog or a critter-tight coop. My turkeys free range in the day, but go up in a pen at night. Setting a critter-friendly trap and hauling them several miles away to a wooded area where there are no farms is a good idea too.

Good luck to you!!!

Yes a coon will kill the Turkeys while they roost at night.

In some state a private citizen can't legally relocate any wild animals off there property. Other states you must have a permit to do so.

Tom

Put out a dish full of corn for about 4 or 5 nights, on night number 6 have a floodlight positioned to light up said corn. Illuminate said corn, and unleash a 12 gauge on all coons that are enjoying a last meal.

Back
Top Bottom