This waiting is killing me!!

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
Today was day 18 for me...and I am so nervous!! My last two hatches were horrible (none hatched due to poorly shipped eggs, and incubator problems.)

This time I bought local fertile eggs and they have developed beautifully! At last candle I could see them moving around and I have never seen such active eggs at day 18 before! This was also the first time my incubator remained constant through the whole hatch! So I have high hopes but I cant help but be nervous and afraid that this is going to be another bad hatch.

Can someone please offer me some words of wisdom/encouragement to calm my nerves! haha!

Xanax....
hmm.png
Sorry, its the only word I know that helps "lockdown breakdown"

Only other thing that works is when you see these.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Mine is in my room too!

It gets kind of annoying at times though because my mom keeps coming in and checking it. And since she wakes up way earlier than I do for work she wakes me up in the morning! Haha!

I am actually skipping two of my college classes tomorrow and Tuesday so i can be here to keep an eye on the humidity in my bator.

that is a no bueno... school is more important than a box full of fuzzy butts...

and i don't mind them in my room... i have fish tanks, lizards, snakes, two colonies of roaches, frogs, and my chicken coop is built into the wall so all night long i can hear my chickens...

Well I made sure I set up the absences in advance, and lucky for me the fuzz butts are arriving in a no-homework no-tests time frame!

And I have my two tortoises in my room, so they make enough noise with their digging in the night. So I am used to having noise!

Last edited:
Here are my words of encourgement...

Sit on your hands... Leave them alone... Go to your classes... I doubt anything will happen on day 19.. After the first pip it could take up to 24 hours before they break through the shell. My current hatch, I had one pip yesterday at 6:45pm, it hatched at around 5am this morning.. I have had 2 hatch since.. It seems that after the first one hatches it goes quick, then slows down, then speeds up, then slows down...lol

I am going to print this thread and take it home for evidence. My DH is telling me that an incubator in the bathroom is weird. He wants it moved to the laundry room! How am I going to know if they are hatching in the laundry room?????

Back
Top Bottom