This Week's Hatch...and still hatching

Stellar

The Quail Lady
13 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
Well at Stellar Gamebirds, Poultry, and Waterfowl, It is not quiet! LOL Very busy and lots of chirps
smile.png

Thought I would share some of my hatches.

I put in 13 CBBQ in the bator, out popped 13 cbbq...I put in 80 Coturnix, out popped 79, and the 80th has pipped...not too shabbly. Lots of pretty colors. Jumbo Browns, Texas A and Ms, Reds, one little fawn, and 2 Italians (which I know are Italians because they are from a project pen and are split for another color I want). For the photos, I had the Cbbq and the Coturnix together but I put them in separate brooders afterwards. Its easier to toss em in one brooder when collecting and then separating when they are warm and snuggly.

Here is the start of a big hatch.

48510_008.jpg

I got a few fallow cbbq in this hatch so my breeders are doing their job

The fallows really look weird. They hatch with less feathers. They are also known as pink eyed dilute cbbq.

48510_021.jpg

And then there are the cuties too, such as this pied cbbq

48510_022.jpg

Now unto the Coturnix
smile.png
I don't like to hold cbbq chicks since they are delicate and it stresses them.

Some of my Reds and Tuxedos, you can go on my website to learn about the genetics of the reds
smile.png
Or I can explain here to those interested
wink.png

48510_031.jpg

Here are some Jumbo White/Texas A and Ms...They are big tubs of lard LOL

48510_033.jpg

Just a few photos to share. I am very pleased to test the fertility and get a good result
big_smile.png

Enjoy!

Beautiful Babies!!!
love.gif

I have been hatching a few myself lately. Texas A&M's, Italians, Jumbo Browns and a few Orange Bobwhites. Lots of peeping and "pooping" going on here! Those that raise coturnix know about the "poop"
gig.gif
Heehee.

Do you have any of the tri-colored buttons? I saw some on ebay that were really pretty. I haven't seen them anywhere else though.

Lisa
smile.png

Those are so pretty. And of course I am curious about the red genetics. I just got red eggs from you lol

NICE LOOKING BATCH OF FUZZIES ALEX!

SAY THAT PIED CBBQ IS THAT A HYBRID?
lau.gif
(JUST KIDDING--- DONT ANSWER THAT! LOL)

WE'RE PEEPIN AND POOPIN HERE TOO AS LISA STATED
smile.png

LOOKING AT THE MENU THIS WEEKS SPECIAL WILL BE DUCKS! ROEUN AND MALLARDS SPECIFICALLY.. (GOD I HATE BROODING DUCKS! EVERYTIME I WALK BY THOSE BROODERS THEY LOOK LIKE A GALLAGHER CONCERT IN PROGRESS... BEATS ME HOW ANYTHING THAT CUTE CAN BE SOOO MESSY)

GOT SOME B/B/S COCHIN EGGS COMING DUE AND A SMALL BATCH OF THE FAWN/ CINNAMON COTURNIX I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON.

NEXT WEEK LOOKS LIKE WE MOVE OVER TO THE SUPER SIZED MENU.... BLUE SLATE TURKEYS
smile.png

Quote:
those "tri colored buttons" in fact are pieds so yes I have them and I won't answer JJ's joke LOL long story
smile.png

The pieds like to get red and blue and greys on them
smile.png
and then we get tuxedo pieds from them when you have a pied and white together.

They are SO CUTE!!

Do the A&M whites always have the dark spot on the head? I have a couple all yellow with no spots at all.
I also have a couple yellow with black stripes. Is that golden?

Them reds and tuxedos are adorable!
smile.png
I too am curious about the genetics.

I am so stoked to have purchased from you Alexandra! I can't wait for the next shipment. JJ you're next with those cinnamons. I adore that color, I will have to PM you for sizes and availablity.

Your fertility and good looks, er uuuhhh, your bird's fertility and good looks are something to smile about.
lol.png
big_smile.png

I'm hanging with the right croud. BYC Quailers rock.

Tonya

Back
Top Bottom