This white rock will find her place in a kettle(pic)

floridaquilter

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 31, 2010
Crescent City, FL
I have a white rock that is a yr and half. She lays me an egg nearly every day but look at the size and shape as compared to one of my rhode Island Reds. My brother has some white rocks from the same order and his are doing fine. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to improve her egg laying or if she is just a "bad egg". I am beginning to wonder if she is destined for the stew pot
smile.png

64433_img-20110510-001751.jpg

She's seems to be laying an odd egg shape, are they edible?...If so at least your getting an egg every day, good for her! I get an odd egg on occasion, I sell my eggs and all the odd eggs we eat at home and sell all the rest!

Oooo, just giving ya fart eggs is she? That silly rascal.
Weird that she is doing that alot, wonder if she is having some production issues?

That is truly a bizarre-looking egg.

Unless you've got some special use for white-only eggs, I'd label her an under-producer and turn her into stock, unless she's a pet.

The RIR is supposed to produce above-average sized eggs, but none of my white Rocks do anything like the bizarre-shaped egg there.

Quote:
I think it's crazy you threw it out, you could whip them up in scrambled eggs atleast! Poor thing, she's trying so hard...but as someone else said maybe she has some production issues!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom