Those living in the city or the barley rural.... How many chickens??

We are allowed 14. I have 20 right now, but that includes my meaties and I figure they'll be dinner before anyone notices I'm over my limit.

I'm on an urban/suburban lot (about a 1/4 acre) allowed 5 hens, no roos.(# depends on the size of the lot) Have 4 hens currently, no plans for more right now.

Imp-medicated for the addiction

I have an acre and a half and I am not allowed one single chicken. My main flock is 13 but I have chicks everywhere. I hope to keep it at an even 35 with 10 of them being bantam size so thats like 1/2 a chicken right? Oh and 4 runner ducks

I am on a little less than 2 acres. Our township prohibits farms of less than 40 acres(!) with the exception of "interpretive farms" or animals kept for educational purposes. No written restrictions on the number or type of animals. Hubby did say "No pigs or goats!!!!"
barnie.gif

I have a couple more than 2 dozen chickens. Getting more next month.
jumpy.gif

We are in a suburb of Indianapolis and live in a very populated area. Small backyard. I never really checked ordinances too closely. A neighbor, who also wants chickens now, said he did and that chickens were allowed but we don't know if there is a limit.
Can you tell I don't care? Our city is just a gnat's butt from being annexed by the city of Indianapolis because of poor management. Over half the properties on our block are rentals. So when I got them I only asked the neighbors who own if they minded. The rentals have revolving doors on them, so there was no point. I may not care about the city, but I do care about my neighbors who own their homes. No one minded.
I have 5 hens and 1 rooster. I would have double that but my yard is really small and I still love my flowers and veggies. Right now they free-range but once I plant, they will have to stay in their coop and pen most of the day.

im in the city and i have absolutely no idea what is allowed! but ive got 6 in my backyard! ima have to get rid of least one cause its a roo. another one is also a possible roo!

I'm in the middle of town with neighbors 20' to either side.

I have 6 BR pullets and 5 chicks...and I'm on my way to the feed store! Off to feed my addiction!

Our city's ordinance was recently declared inept and thus they're writing a new one that matches Topeka and KC (we're right between) and will allow 20 birds, no roos, but must be kept clean and healthy. No butchering. Woohoo!

My yard is small, and our neighbors are close. I'm only allowed up to 4 hens. I have 3 right now and 5 babies are coming in next Tues. Aren't we all such good law abiding citizens?
tongue.png

I can almost throw a rock at the city of Houston city limits sign. I live on 5 acres and have 20 chickens. At the end of this month I will have two moo cows (as if there were any other kind)

Back
Top Bottom