Though Times - The great duckling flood of 2022

Update from yesterday late afternoon: After the big thunderstorm with lot's of lightning, thunder and bathtub-size raindrops everybody became almost friends with everybody else:
The Puddle Ducks tolerated the Ducknagers, the Ducknagers tolerated Pinball Duck, the Mallards (almost) shared the food with everybody… big duck family.

Aaaand this night no sleeping (and pooping) in front of the patio door:
20220812_211145.jpg

I have locked them in. - Let's see if that works…

When watching your first videos at the beginning of this thread I could actually smell duckling poop. Apparently that's my strongest memory of having ducklings and I associate the adorable babies and sweet peeping with the constant smell of duckling poop. :-D
It isn't the smell, but that burning sensation in the nose and the eyes… 🤣
In the end the nine ducknagers combined five pounds of pellets with five gallons of water into an enormous pile of 💩, so i had to change their straw diaper every day…

Did you put out the welcome mat with cat food sprinkled on top?
The puddle ducks know the large blue bag and where it sits in the garage, so as soon as the door started to open, they slipped underneath, ran to the bag and started to "pray" at it. The ducknagers immediately joined in, followed by the more hesitant mallards…
Imagine 28 ducks and 2 drakes quacking/rasping in an unfinished (no sound dampening!) garage! - Deafening! 🔊🙉

Back
Top Bottom