Though Times - The great duckling flood of 2022

For sure i don't have all my ducks in a row, but since yesterday evening they all sleep in the duck house!
First in the afternoon i used some cat-food to coax the ducknagers into the dux-run:
Coincidently somebody has dug up the floor of the run, exposing plenty of wiggly worms to eat…
Then in the evening i just herded everydux inside. The grown up looked asomewhat confused when the ducknagers stormed in and took over the supper bowl, but no fighting broke out and nobody got pushed around.

Again last night the ducknagers were sleeping in front of the patio door:
full

Now you may say »How cuuuute!!!« - But remember, ducks have a much higher metabolic rate than us humons and as a result…
full

They really need to join the flock in the duck house asap! - I walked them through the duck-run yesterday after i turned the wood-chips and they liked picking the worms very much. But nobody followed me into the duck-house itself. They just stopped at the door peeping loudly for their dad…
When watching your first videos at the beginning of this thread I could actually smell duckling poop. Apparently that's my strongest memory of having ducklings and I associate the adorable babies and sweet peeping with the constant smell of duckling poop. :-D

When watching your first videos at the beginning of this thread I could actually smell duckling poop. Apparently that's my strongest memory of having ducklings and I associate the adorable babies and sweet peeping with the constant smell of duckling poop. :-D
It isn't the smell, but that burning sensation in the nose and the eyes… 🤣
In the end the nine ducknagers combined five pounds of pellets with five gallons of water into an enormous pile of 💩, so i had to change their straw diaper every day…

I was continuing to dig-over the potato patch yesterday evening, when suddenly »peep, peep, peep?« - Replacement Ducknager and her two Swedish buddies joined me.
Now they know the secret of the soils, wiggly worms and bug-larvae, so hopefully in the future i will have some company again when working in the garden…

The puddle ducks are teaching the ducknagers:

First i heart the puddle ducks walking by my office window down to the Garage Door, followed by all ducknagers:

And then they all started to knock at the Garage Door with their bills! 😲
Imagine the sound of twenty duck-bills poking at a wide metal door? 🧏‍♂️
Well actually it was thirty duck-bills as they were joined by ten Mallards 😵
Went down and opened the garage door and all they demanded cat-food now! 🤣
After a while everybody slowly roamed back to the front of the house:

It seems that i have ten additional mallard ducks now…

Did you put out the welcome mat with cat food sprinkled on top?
The puddle ducks know the large blue bag and where it sits in the garage, so as soon as the door started to open, they slipped underneath, ran to the bag and started to "pray" at it. The ducknagers immediately joined in, followed by the more hesitant mallards…
Imagine 28 ducks and 2 drakes quacking/rasping in an unfinished (no sound dampening!) garage! - Deafening! 🔊🙉

Back
Top Bottom