Thought about posting about this for a loooong time

Texasbart - we are just starting to consider legal aid. I am actually dumfounded that CPS chose to leave the child in the home after showing them proof of abuse (drugs) - she has not hurt the child - physically. He is just 2 years old, I am not sure counseling would help him, as he is a happy, sunshine boy!!!!! Thanks to Sara
love.gif

Debi, I didn't neccessarily mean she didn't deserve a second or third or however many chances. There is hope in everybody but it is the little kid that is suffering.

Quote:
H iTerri!!! Rachel is the mother, Sara is my step daughter.... And I agree with you. However. Sara is a bull headed woman, the worst I have ever seen - for 20 years old she takes the cake!!! I will tell her to do this and see if she follows advice next time. In this situation, there always seems to be a "however". ARGH!

I really think that above post about Sara contacting the PD everytime mom is gone or drugged is a good idea. The child is absolutely not her responsibility - I do give her a big applause for stepping up though - what a wonderful and giving heart to shoulder the responsibility of raising a child and raising her mother. She needs to be very careful because since she is also an adult any alledged abuse could be directed at her. She needs to call and show without a doubt that mom is unfit.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree!!!! I think Sara is fearful the child will be taken PERIOD. And with her being unemployed and not in school, she stands a snowballs chance in hell of getting custody. I KNOW that is what stops her.

Quote:
H iTerri!!! Rachel is the mother, Sara is my step daughter.... And I agree with you. However. Sara is a bull headed woman, the worst I have ever seen - for 20 years old she takes the cake!!! I will tell her to do this and see if she follows advice next time. In this situation, there always seems to be a "however". ARGH!

Ugh sorry, but you knew what I meant!

Tell her that calling the sheriff doesn't mean she wouldn't get custody. Just gets the problem into the system.

Debi, sara has to call each and every time the mother gets into drugs...anytime she finds drugs in the house..etc..
OR you can call.. and keep calling
Thats about all you can do...but you need to do it alot...repeated reports WILL help get that child out of her custody.
also..i'm confused here..are you looking for the child to come live with you guys? or is sara wanting to raise him herself? ..sara would have to prove shes fit to get that child placed with her and not be living with her mother....i doubt it would happen unless she lives with you guys...
again...the only thing i can think of is repeat calls to the CPS AND maybe call a CPS supervisor for your area (a supervisor over the regular case workers...)...call the supervisor and give ALL the womans history...and then i'd also tell the supervisor....
"I feel the need to also tell you that... if you dont remove this child with this womans EXTENSIVE history and something happens to this child...i'll be the first one at the news station letting the country know that we called SEVERAL times..and you people did nothing to help this kid."
That WILL get their attention...CPS dosent want bad publicity...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom