Thought I had all girls.... Opinions please....

Click to enlarge. Difference between feathers in males and females.

Your black one is laying, or close to.

Note: The comb type on these birds is pea. It does not apply to your situation. Hard to compare by comb unless you have both cockerels and pullets.

Last edited:
Update: Feathers appear to be rounded.. Just more translucent on the edges..... No one looks to have saddle feathers.... Everyone squats... And no crowning.... I guess I was just "seeing things"..... Thanks everyone for your help!!! I am so new to this... Learning every day....

that is most def fertile, if all your chickens are looking henish in the feathers your roo could be a rare hen feathered roo. lolol hehe and is hiding among the girls, if these are newish hens they could have come fertile by a roo at their old home..
id watch them all for a while and see if anyone trys to mount anybody else.. if the hens came pre fertilised it will were off after a few weeks.

that is most def fertile, if all your chickens are looking henish in the feathers your roo could be a rare hen feathered roo. lolol hehe and is hiding among the girls, if these are newish hens they could have come fertile by a roo at their old home..
id watch them all for a while and see if anyone trys to mount anybody else.. if the hens came pre fertilised it will were off after a few weeks.

I'm with you. Has to be a sneaky rooster.

i didn't take a picture... but I think I had another "halo" today... my hubby was ready for breakfast, and the skillet was hot... didn't have time to get my phone to snap a pic... so... will spend some time today.... watching and waiting... my black girl was in the nest box earlier... i'm headed back out to check and see if she left me anything... first time I have ever caught her in the box...

Last edited:

And this is what I found... :)

sorry no males on those pics...

what you may see as fertile eggs are likely Parthenogenesis, but most of those eggs wont develope to become an embryo, I have a highly parthernogenetic hen that out of 10 eggs produced 1 single male. thats all they can produce males

Back
Top Bottom