Thoughts on MyPetChicken's new Poultry First Aid Kit?

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalo...oultry:&utm_campaign=eNewsletter-June-24-2021

MyPetChicken just released a 'Complete First Aid Kit for Poultry'...thoughts?
It contains:
'Heavy duty carrying case with handle (1), restraint sling/triangle bandage (2), vinyl gloves (2 pairs), sterile saline (1 bottle), iodine (1 bottle), tweezers (1), Dust On! coagulant wound powder (1 bottle), cotton balls & swabs (2 each), triple antibiotic ointment (4 packets), healing poultry balm (1 tub), gauze pads (4), Sensi Wrap (1 roll), waterproof tape (1 roll), scissors (1), vitamins & electrolytes for poultry (1 packet), probiotics for poultry, (1 packet), feeding syringes for hand-feeding and watering (4 syringes.)'

Don't know what the heck 'Healing Poultry Balm' is, and it seems like it only contains enough of each thing to care for a wound for like maybe a week.

Also, I don't think that it's worth the price... ($59.99)
What do y'all think?

https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Chicken-Health/New-Complete-First-Aid-Kit-for-Poultry-p3421.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NEW!+First+Aid+Kit+for+Poultry:&utm_campaign=eNewsletter-June-24-2021

MyPetChicken just released a 'Complete First Aid Kit for Poultry'...thoughts?
It contains:
'Heavy duty carrying case with handle (1), restraint sling/triangle bandage (2), vinyl gloves (2 pairs), sterile saline (1 bottle), iodine (1 bottle), tweezers (1), Dust On! coagulant wound powder (1 bottle), cotton balls & swabs (2 each), triple antibiotic ointment (4 packets), healing poultry balm (1 tub), gauze pads (4), Sensi Wrap (1 roll), waterproof tape (1 roll), scissors (1), vitamins & electrolytes for poultry (1 packet), probiotics for poultry, (1 packet), feeding syringes for hand-feeding and watering (4 syringes.)'

Don't know what the heck 'Healing Poultry Balm' is, and it seems like it only contains enough of each thing to care for a wound for like maybe a week.

Also, I don't think that it's worth the price... ($59.99)
What do y'all think?
Sounds like a very expensive way to treat one very minor injury. 4 little packs of ointment with 2 cotton balls and 2 swabs won't go far.

Sounds like a very expensive way to treat one very minor injury. 4 little packs of ointment with 2 cotton balls and 2 swabs won't go far.
I don't know what they think someone would use 2 cotton balls on if we're supposedly dealing with an injury that needs bandaging and syringe feeding.

I can see them selling a bunch, for some people this is a great idea. It is on sale now for $49.99
It is convenient in that it all comes in one pack instead of having to put each thing into your cart to purchase it.
It may not last long supply wise but some people may rather have it on hand and then send someone for the things they need while they are treating the injured.
Also keeping a small quantity instead of purchasing big containers of supplies may make sense to some people because some things expire.

Aren’t 5ml syringes also a little big to feed them with? Don’t you want the real skinny 1ml ones that fit in their mouth easier?

Hm, the 1ml is more for medicine rather than food, but the 5ml still seems a little big to fit in the birds mouth.

I can see them selling a bunch, for some people this is a great idea. It is on sale now for $49.99
It is convenient in that it all comes in one pack instead of having to put each thing into your cart to purchase it.
It may not last long supply wise but some people may rather have it on hand and then send someone for the things they need while they are treating the injured.
Also keeping a small quantity instead of purchasing big containers of supplies may make sense to some people because some things expire.
That does make sense.

That does make sense.
I personally wouldn’t buy it but that is because the same thing I would use on the flocks are almost the same things I would use on my dogs and some of that is also the same I would use on myself or someone else.

I’m glad you posted this, it has reminded me to check my expiration dates on my first aid supplies.

Aren’t 5ml syringes also a little big to feed them with? Don’t you want the real skinny 1ml ones that fit in their mouth easier?

Hm, the 1ml is more for medicine rather than food, but the 5ml still seems a little big to fit in the birds mouth.
They're too big for easy med dosing and too small for feeding. I prefer 1ml syringes, 3ml syringes, and for feeding I prefer 60ml syringes.

To answer your question BC, I think it's a huge waste of money. There's barely any product in it. IMO it's better to build your own kit.

Back
Top Bottom