Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

HATCH DAY IS TODAY!

One giant peking is here this morning, and another is pipped. Egg three is either resting or dead. I'll keep checking. I'll get some pics this afternoon, hopefully there will be 2 by then.

Good luck with the multi giant peking hatch there jazz. They eat twice as much as a normal duck easily. But hey, lucky 4 monthes old now, weighs 13.7 lbs.
th.gif
I'm pretty sure her actual body is bigger than the sebbies of a similar age.

Hello to all my BYC friends. Thanks you guys for still hanging out and being your perfectly delightful selves, even though not much is hatching for most of us now.
smile.png
celebrate.gif

Here are some pics from while I was cleaning them. (Note I'm not brooding them on newspaper I had just removed the shavings)

2012-07-01112902.jpg

2012-07-01112908.jpg

2012-07-01112915.jpg

2012-07-01113009.jpg
love.gif

CONGRATS !!! Where did you buy your pekin eggs?
Can I see a pic of Lucky? I am going to pasture them on my neighbors 10 acres over the summer so I hope that helps out on the feed! I also just bought another 1000 pounds of feed @ 17 cents a pound. I am buying that much every payday so I will have plenty of feed over the winter. I have buyers for my pekins, and only keeping a handful til butcher weight for myself

This was for my "business" side of what I am doing..... To see the poultry market & demand @ Chinatown & the Fresh Markets.....in SEATTLE

Went to Chinatown yesterday, and have the hookup for all the duck eggs, ducks, geese I can supply to their underground market at top dollar to boot. Their eating duck eggs go for around $6 for 6 eggs, and Salted duck eggs are $3 each ~ CHECK this out ......

I had the MOST AMAZING FOOD EVER !!!!!!!!!!! I was so full ~ it was like having thanksgiving dinner for breakfast! Was crazy ~ it was like the food courses kept coming ~ they didn't have a menu, they just wheeled a fresh cooked food cart around from table to table letting you choose which bowls of food you wanted. It was the coolest!!!

We had Chicken feet ! ( well my hubby & my kids ate them, I was "chicken")

We bought one of these .... I HAVE TO LEARN HOW!!! It has to be the best tasting thing since BACON...... YES I said it ALMOST better than bacon!
droolin.gif
They had a goose hanging their to.... $60 bones
ep.gif
I will buy one next time, just so I can taste it, so I can learn how to cook it. SORRY if this offends anyone, but their is a reason the The people of the Orient keep the poultry whole when cooking. Sajorno (the guy who took us on the tour) Explained the ritual & the blessing of the animal & the reason for keeping it whole, Actually I learned ALOT about their customs, religion, and meanings behind symbols ~ Was a huge culture shock, but was one of the BEST days FUN, YUMMY, FAMILY & EDUCATIONAL
Whoa, that looks like an amazing eating experience! I'm scared of chicken feet... bumblefoot. That's all I can say about it.

Those roast ducks look so tasty! Except I'm not sure if I could handle the "head still attached" part. I don't like food that "looks" back at me.

I wonder how good the chicken foot market is in Seattle. My boss wanted to keep all the feet from our slaughter on Monday but I talked her out of it because the majority of them were in pretty ugly condition. The little boogers are pastured and babied constantly, but half the batch or more had really ugly feet.

We had someone come from Seattle for seven dozen eggs over the weekend. All I need is a few more customers like that and I'll be set.

celebrate.gif

love.gif

Whoa, that looks like an amazing eating experience! I'm scared of chicken feet... bumblefoot. That's all I can say about it.

Those roast ducks look so tasty! Except I'm not sure if I could handle the "head still attached" part. I don't like food that "looks" back at me.

I wonder how good the chicken foot market is in Seattle. My boss wanted to keep all the feet from our slaughter on Monday but I talked her out of it because the majority of them were in pretty ugly condition. The little boogers are pastured and babied constantly, but half the batch or more had really ugly feet.

We had someone come from Seattle for seven dozen eggs over the weekend. All I need is a few more customers like that and I'll be set.
We will have to meet up & go out for breakfast on a Saturday this summer! We can talk turkey
celebrate.gif

We just installed an all cedar smokehouse yesterday ~

Last edited:
Thanks Julie
hugs.gif
. It was either squished by bruce or got in a fight with another gosling. It was a secure pen and no way a predator to get in. Plus no sign of anyone or thing trying to get in. It's so hard losing them
sad.png

Thanks Jaz
hugs.gif
. It's defiantly throwing me off mentally. When I was cleaning the peas I was obviously still distracted enough one of them hopped on top the brooder and flew on top my bed
th.gif
. I need to stay focused :/. I have a buyer for some eggs tomorrow so hopefully I can put a game face on for that
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom