stillmecle

Songster
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Des Moines, IA
cNo babies yet.
sad.png
idunno.gif
I have their room all ready but no babies to fill it yet. I haven't rven seen any action at all coming from the incubator today. The humidity andd temp is set just right. They were wiggling around this morning but nothing since them. How long before this party starts happening????
th.gif
I want to see and hold some babies.

Last edited:
I like the new format too. Lots more options.

Where I live, about 15 years ago the buses were all painted pink and maroon. Then they changed them to blue and orange. Well, you'd think from the uproar that the world had ended. Then people got used to the orange and blue. Two years ago they painted the buses green. Again, public outrage. In 6 years they'll paint them yellow and people will be screaming to have the green buses back.

OKAY ....

So I talked with my PO lady yesterday, Got a good story

I made a formal complaint with testimonials, pictures, & all to their Human Resources Dept. My mail lady told me they had a "workshop" on how to properly handle hatching eggs!! & it was not just her post office the memo went to!!!

Last edited:
Thanks. I wasn't sure and got impatient (whaaat!!) and set them on their sides like last time. Hopefully that's okay too. It seemed okay then..
I used to hatch mine on their sides, but now I set them almost straight up and down, with the pointy side down. I have never seen a change in hatch rate in my bator, but mine is not a typical bator either, so I try not to give to much hatching advice regarding humidity, misting, and temps much.
I have never used a Hovabator or any kind of styrofoam incubator, but since I have been on this thread it is a real learning curve on what works for
~ each person
~ each style of bator
~ Location (state/country) you live in effects incubation too!

There are alot of helpful peeps on here with a plethora of knowledge, tricks, n tips
thumbsup.gif
Just ask away & they will chime in too

[/IMG]

I figured out how to get a better picture without disturbing the babies. I zoomed in on survivor. You can see her yolk better.
I also included the other two babies whom finished yesterday evening. They are taking their nap. Their names are Akia which mean first born in African and the others name is Basil, no meaning behind the name :)

Now that I'm finally home, I can show you this:

That's Cupcake, a welsh harlequin duckling that jumped the gun and tried to hatch before her yolk was absorbed at all. What I did was cut the corner off a Ziploc bag, push her back into her shell, wrapped a wet paper towel around the shell to provide moisture, and put the whole thing in the bag. I pulled her head through the corner of the bag, and voila! Everything stays moist, she can't pull away from the yolk too early, and the next day, she was good to go.

I do not think so as my son had pulled shell off and I seen what looked like some yolk that was attached to him and obviously torn off.
That's too bad a very hard way to learn to let them hatch on their own. without having the yolk sac to live on for a few days after hatch and not eating it doesn't sound good for this lil one. your the only one who can make this tough call. It just doesn't sound good.

hugs.gif
I hope you have more to hatch.

Last edited:
You dont get it... If you sit there and wait, they wont hatch tonight, but if you go to bed, you might have a baby in the morning.. Lol. My eggs went into lockdown today, and im trying to stay as caml as I can, so they can hatch.... Lol. Maybe they will hatch faster...

I keep posting stuff and then it doesn't show up on the thread. That is dumb.

What I'm getting at is... do people actually kill them? Like babies they don't want?
hide.gif

(please say no.)

NO! not babies! show people raise up babies to adult hood to pick out the best show birds, and kill/sell the rest. very sad. i will never do this with my WHs, i promise
hit.gif

I wish there was a Chat Room to go to. It makes it much much easier. I used to be on this horse forum and they had a chat room and just people invited could be in it and you could just type back and forth to each other.... so much faster and easier,

Back
Top Bottom