Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I have never seen anything cuter in my life, than when I opened my bator and saw this adorable little creature.
love.gif
Then I was like this thing is Huge!
ep.gif

Emu envy!

~ Aspen

Not nearly as cute as the baby emu, but I woke up to these in the incubator. They are swedish flower hen chicks, who will be going to live with QJ. The little feathered out chick is my teeny 5 week old japanese bantam. The sfh were trying to eat one another so I put her in there to show them how to eat food instead, lol.

HOLY CARP ..... Somehow I bought 11 more emu eggs from a local WA emu farm
hide.gif
Must have done this while sleepwalking... I take no responsibility for this ~ So you all are my witnesses when My hubby wants to know why I have more big green prehistoric eggs in my Master Bator
Oops. Now how did those get in there?
lau.gif
I showed hubs your new baby and he was all like "Why in the world do you want those???" I wish he understood that I don't want every single thing that my friends hatch. Besides, I'm way to impatient for a 55 day hatch.
Thanks, Quackers!! Spirit is really good, thanks!! With our weather being so mild lately, he has been spending his days outside. Pretty soon, he'll be moving around on his reconstructed leg as well as the other dewlaps.
big_smile.png

RG, congrats!!! GREAT pictures!! Can't wait to see more pics as your darling emu finishes hatching.
pop.gif
Glad Spirit is doing so well!
I didn't do it!!!
lau.gif

Not nearly as cute as the baby emu, but I woke up to these in the incubator. They are swedish flower hen chicks, who will be going to live with QJ. The little feathered out chick is my teeny 5 week old japanese bantam. The sfh were trying to eat one another so I put her in there to show them how to eat food instead, lol.

All babies are cute. So darn cute.

In the past three days, two test eggs have become a full incubator. Actually there are 43 eggs in there, I'm having to hand-turn one until I candle and eliminate the duds. Couldn't justify turning on another bator for one little eggie.

Now I have:
2 cayuga eggs (fertile on day 7)
15 welsh harlequin (set today)
26 test eggs from pekin, cayuga and some from the eating egg (mixed) pen in the hopes of hatching some offspring from my khaki campbell drake who just passed. (set Saturday)

Hoping things work out for my weekend plans. I'm after a couple handsome feathered boys.

Back
Top Bottom