Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

ALAH Evil you Hatchin fool
woot.gif

Last edited:
HEY PEEPS!

Just caught up! Lotta hatching going on here !
wee.gif

Sorry for those lost
hugs.gif

I just hatched almost 40 goslings in the past couple days
th.gif

I just HATCHED another EMU!!!! Just now
woot.gif

I lost my last one ~ it just never pipped
hit.gif

Been crazy busy here
he.gif

Anyways
frow.gif
Egg-ryone

Congrats on your new emu baby and 40 goslings!!
frow.gif

You all still on here? Man don't you have lives
wink.png
lol j/p
Checking in. I'm curious to see who all remembers me.

Hi Evelle! Welcome back!!
frow.gif

Hello everyone! I am just a beginner... I started my incubator Hovabator Genesis 1588 with automatic egg turner. I had a problem with humidity but now it is better now I have a different problem my egg turner DOES NOT TURN.
he.gif
Any ideas why? Did anyone had a problem like that?

I have 12 duck eggs it there first I placed them on the last two rows and it haven't moved today at all. Now I placed them just randomly throughout the turner.

Sorry, I don't use an egg turner. I lay my waterfowl eggs down horizontally and hand turn. Hopefully someone else that uses egg turners will chime in to help. Good luck!

Tha
t it has been this place has changed a bit since I've been on.
So I told quackers this bit ill tell you too maybe you'll he a kick out of it too.
So Ive been trying to hatch eggs out but all I have is a broody turkey, well chicken eggs are a little thinner then turkeys eggs and turkeys are little heavier then chickens so through trial and error making the right nesting box I have 11 eggs under my chirp the turkey. LMAO!
Oh my! Good luck with your sitting turkey! I can imagine you went through several setups before you came up with something to keep your turk from crushing the eggs!
caf.gif

Hello everyone! I am just a beginner... I started my incubator Hovabator Genesis 1588 with automatic egg turner. I had a problem with humidity but now it is better now I have a different problem my egg turner DOES NOT TURN.
he.gif

I have 12 duck eggs it there first I placed them on the last two rows and it haven't moved today at all. Now I placed them just randomly throughout the turner.
Welcome to the hatchaholics support group! The turners for the Genesis do not move fast enough to be seen by the naked eye. It'll hum a little bit and if you check every few hours, it will be in a different position. I have two, so I went through the same thing when I got my first.
Well, not to be bragging or anything, but I was involved in the hatching of at least several hundred chickens and ducklings by the time I turned 20, and I've got just one thing to say to you folks. You worry too much. I'd have lost my mind if I'd gotten this worried about it. Most all of those were by banty or mallards setting (discounting the quail we raised for the wildlife service) and they just did the job, no worries. But they'll certainly fuss with an egg that's not doing well, and the ducks especially will sit for at least three or four days AFTER the first one COMPLETELY hatches. So have patience and don't y'all worry so much, they'll get there. My old pet mallard who would let me raise her and look at the eggs (most of em' go nuts on you if you try that) loved to build her nest on a little bluff about 15 feet high. So the first ones to hatch were always tumbling down the hill, and I'd have to go fetch them back. Several times through this I had noticed that she'd have ducklings big enough to wander around and stick their heads out and take an interest, while other eggs would just be pipping. Some of these kids just take longer than others, and it doesn't matter who is doing the incubating. One thing about bantys hatching, watch out for them and goose eggs. They get upset at a baby half as big as they are, and they'll peck the poor little things if you aren't on the spot.
I think some of us enjoy doting on our eggs. Of course, it's good to be as hands-off as possible. Something I struggle with as a control freak.

HEY PEEPS!

Just caught up! Lotta hatching going on here !
wee.gif

Sorry for those lost
hugs.gif

I just hatched almost 40 goslings in the past couple days
th.gif

I just HATCHED another EMU!!!! Just now
woot.gif

I lost my last one ~ it just never pipped
hit.gif

Been crazy busy here
he.gif

Anyways
frow.gif
Egg-ryone
Yay for emu's! And 40 goslings? Where are our pics?
big_smile.png

You all still on here? Man don't you have lives
wink.png
lol j/p
Checking in. I'm curious to see who all remembers me.
frow.gif

he.gif

Welcome! I don't use a turner, just hand turn. I've read that it works better for waterfowl. Sorry I can't help you with the turner, but good luck and hope you have a great hatch!

I could not help myself: Went to the Farm Fair today and bought some ducklings (sooo cute) I've had ducks before, and they are quite the characters, get along great with my dog too! :) No sure how the sheep will re-act, but I find out as soon as the ducklings are a little bigger. Fluffy little things right now and will get trampled on.

Hope you have some hatching going on soon!

Back
Top Bottom