Country-Style Groundhog

1 groundhog
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 c. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. sugar

NOTE: Clean and skin as soon as possible. Remove all sent glands. Cut off head, feet and tail. Cure in cool place by suspending from hook approximately 4 days. When ready to cook, lard according to recipe.

Dress groundhog as for rabbit, removing the small sacs in the back and under the forearm. Soak groundhog overnight in salted water to remove wild flavor. Combine flour, salt, pepper and salt; rub into groundhog pieces. Brown groundhog in hot oil in skillet; sprinkle with sugar. Reduce heat; add 1/2 cup water. Cover; simmer for about 30 minutes or until tender. Remove cover; cook for 10 minutes longer.

Goin Quackrrs I got my incubator with turner brand new at eBay. I am going to call GOF on Monday and see what they will tell me.
Was it from incubator warehouse on ebay? I'd contact them directly if so. They are a good company to deal with.
So you have the 2012 genesis. how well does it do with humidity, do you use a second thermometer/hygrometer? Also do you think your hatch rate has improved with it?
My first incubator was the old model Genesis. Both are comparable in performance, but it's nice having the thermometer/hygrometer in the controls. It's annoying having to give up egg space for one. My hatch rates can be all over the place because I get shipped eggs and they are hard to hatch.
Here are my babies so far!

Aww.
love.gif
I need to take photos of my new hatchlings!
Now that Emu thing reminded me of Bill Spainhoward up in Henderson KY. He loved his ostriches something fierce, he had a lot of them and sold them for meat and leather. He handed my wife an egg that was just opened right out of the incubator one day, told her "Ida, hold still" and then just finished hatching the ostrich as she held it. She kept that eggshell for years after. Bill was a really nice guy, had to move off and leave the area when my job played out so I've lost touch with him. He'd be older than the hills now, so I doubt he's still alive.
Great story!
I looked outside this morning and came up with a new recipe
Country-Style Groundhog

1 groundhog
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 c. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. sugar

NOTE: Clean and skin as soon as possible. Remove all sent glands. Cut off head, feet and tail. Cure in cool place by suspending from hook approximately 4 days. When ready to cook, lard according to recipe.

Dress groundhog as for rabbit, removing the small sacs in the back and under the forearm. Soak groundhog overnight in salted water to remove wild flavor. Combine flour, salt, pepper and salt; rub into groundhog pieces. Brown groundhog in hot oil in skillet; sprinkle with sugar. Reduce heat; add 1/2 cup water. Cover; simmer for about 30 minutes or until tender. Remove cover; cook for 10 minutes longer.
Jerry, I love your sense of humor! Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom