Three Egg Full Auto Incubator?

The Harvest Moon Chicken

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Southern California
has anybody used the Three Egg Full Auto Incubator? it holds only three eggs which (if i do hatch chicks) is all i really want to hatch right now? does anybody know the chances of anyof them hatching? or if the incubator works well?

Plus, usually, if you order eggs it seems to have to order 12 of them, so what do you do with the extra 9? can you put them in the freezer incase the fist three dont work, or does that not work and do you have to just throw them away?

Haha, so many questions but thanks for any help!

You ask a good question and I'm waiting for a reply from someone who would know. I know the incubator your talking about and I would like to get one. I know through McMurry hatchery you can buy three leghorn eggs, but I wouldn't want a high strung bird if you know what I mean. I heard leghorns are like that.....

Last edited:
Well you can't freeze them!
wink.png
That will kill the embryo, hatchability decreases after 7 days. Maybe you can find someone locally that will sell you fertilized eggs. Try your local farmer's market or list on freecycle or craigslist. Talk to the local feed store and find out who has chickens...they usually keep a classified list.

There are mixed reports on them. Very expensive for hatching 3 eggs. Some have found that you need to rotate the eggs from one position to the other during the incubation cycle.

Back
Top Bottom