Throw Back Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
One of the biggest challenges I see for this project, is the Pastel Green eggs, & getting them to breed true to lay that color.

One of the biggest challenges I see for this project, is the Pastel Green eggs, & getting them to breed true to lay that color.
You have a good point, that means no dark brown egg layers, just cream or tinted/light brown. Do you already have that egg color gene in your breeders?

You have a good point, that means no dark brown egg layers, just cream or tinted/light brown. Do you already have that egg color gene in your breeders?
Blue egg EEs, 2 hens, 3 roosters.

My brown Eggers for the project are the Malays, my Throwback pullet, & Marans/Gamefowl cross Rooster, Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock rooster.

White to tinted egg layers are my Sumatras, & Cracker hens.

Shade of pastel green doesn't matter.
Screenshot_20220119-215157_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220119-215307_Chrome.jpg

Do you think the Marans gamefowl cross rooster might bring too much brown egg genetics into the mix? Are you also wanting a muff/beard on your Rainbow runners? The visual of what you describe that you're wanting to create is almost too much for the brain to process, but a lot of the breeds we now have used to be dreams of persons just like us.

Do you think the Marans gamefowl cross rooster might bring too much brown egg genetics into the mix? Are you also wanting a muff/beard on your Rainbow runners? The visual of what you describe that you're wanting to create is almost too much for the brain to process, but a lot of the breeds we now have used to be dreams of persons just like us.
No, his daughter just lays a pink egg, so he's fine.

Yep, beard/muffs. But I'm fine with beardless also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom