Thumbs up for Welp

HickoryGuy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Hickory, NC
I ordered 25 CX cockarels from Welp hatchery about a month ago. They shipped on Weds. as scheduled & arrived this morning(Friday). Sent along 2 extras, and all are healthy & kicking. Kudos also to the local USPS office also... requested an early call, and the phone rang at 5:30 this morning. Great experience all the way around.

Glad you had a good experience. I ordered 75 Cornish X from them. Hatch day was on the 25th of March, all were healthy and looked good when they arrived. Then on day five and six we lost 21 of them. 16 the first day and the rest the next day. We have them in with some layer chicks that were bought from other sources and we have not lost one of them. I called the hatchery and asked them about it as the living conditions they are in are perfect and we have been raising baby chicks for eight years now. They said the chicks came from two different hatchery sites and they think the ones that died must have come with some kind of an illness caught at the hatchery. Unfortunately they didn't offer to replace any of them. This was a big blow to us as the birds are being raised for customers. I have never lost that many birds before, maybe 2 or 3, but nothing of that magnitude. I am unsure if I should order from them again or look into another hatchery. Their prices are good but not if I lose this many birds again : (

I am also glad you had a good experience. I had 17/25 die on shipping or that same day from an order that shipped from Welp last week. I think it was the weather though and they are reshipping tomorrow. I hope it goes better for the wee ones this time. The 8 that lived are doing great (already trying to fly...lol). I know many people that swear by them, so who knows.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the losses, it's never nice to hear about that, regardless of the hatchery
sad.png
I am expecting an order of chicks next week-shipping on Wednesday the 20th, I believe. I've had nothing but good experiences with Welp's-so far. I realize that doesn't mean this next week can't turn into a disaster, but I'll cross my fingers and pray for healthy little ones when they come.

I just ordered some chicks from Welps earlier this week. They are not shipping until May though. I am worried now after reading these posts. But am hoping since it will be May, it will be warmer and maybe that will help? I sure hope so...

My reshipment from Welp came this morning, all 20 made it and all happy and adorable. I suppose every business has an off day (Welp or USPS or just the weather, who knows).

Back
Top Bottom