Ticking time clock to load squawk

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LadyKotaDoria, Nov 17, 2012.

1. LadyKotaDoria

LadyKotaDoria Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    NW Phoenix, Arizona
    I am new to chicken but not to birds. I have 6 chicks, 1 and 2 weeks old, they are very quite. They sound like they are whispering. I did not expect them to be this quite. They eat, drink, sleep and pop, in their 4'X4' pen. I have 3 temperature zones, with perches of different sizes and heights. They have formed a tight flock.
    Question: Is there anything I can do other then what I have to keep them quite as they grow up? With chickens, do quite chicks grow into quite chickens? I have difficulty in even entertaining the hope that the girls will reman this quite.

2. aleebama

aleebama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2012
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Mine didn't remain quiet once they began laying. The egg song is quite obnoxious compared to their content soft chirping and clucking.

3. LadyKotaDoria

LadyKotaDoria Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    NW Phoenix, Arizona
    I'm a woman, gave birth. I think the girls should be given a brake. I think I may have said a few things myself when I gave birth, they have to do it 3 to 6 times a week, when she gets a little older and fewer eggs, it must be a relief. And don' t get upset if one rests for more then a day or two.

If they want to shout when she lays an egg, I'm not going to get made. I might get ear plugs for my neighbors and my self. If the gray up to be as calm and quite, I know how lucky I am.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by