Ticking time clock to load squawk

LadyKotaDoria

Songster
8 Years
Nov 12, 2012
Salem, Missouri 65560
I am new to chicken but not to birds. I have 6 chicks, 1 and 2 weeks old, they are very quite. They sound like they are whispering. I did not expect them to be this quite. They eat, drink, sleep and pop, in their 4'X4' pen. I have 3 temperature zones, with perches of different sizes and heights. They have formed a tight flock.
Question: Is there anything I can do other then what I have to keep them quite as they grow up? With chickens, do quite chicks grow into quite chickens? I have difficulty in even entertaining the hope that the girls will reman this quite.

I'm a woman, gave birth. I think the girls should be given a brake. I think I may have said a few things myself when I gave birth, they have to do it 3 to 6 times a week, when she gets a little older and fewer eggs, it must be a relief. And don' t get upset if one rests for more then a day or two.

If they want to shout when she lays an egg, I'm not going to get made. I might get ear plugs for my neighbors and my self. If the gray up to be as calm and quite, I know how lucky I am.

Back
Top Bottom