~***~TigerLily Trail's 2012 Foaling & Kidding Thread~***~ PICS of Zoe's Bucks Pg 7 Post #65

Here are the pics. I know the girls shouldn't start showing till late March early April, but Zoe looks wider to me & Mei's teats have gotten larger meaning when you look behind her you can see them, & you couldn't before. Sorry some of the pics aren't the best but it was overcast & as usual the girls wouldn't stop moving
tongue.png

PS Please ignore the messy background!

Mei

Mei smiling for the camera XD

Zoe

They are adorable. I love how Mei is smiling for her picture!

I caught her bleating at just the right moment lol!

Here is a picture I took of Zoe today. Talk about a wide load hahaha! Anyone else think she looks pregnant
tongue.png
? Im guessing that she is going to be having at least 2, which I dont mind at all, since a few small-regular sized kids are better than one big one any day in my book. Mei looks chubby to but not even close to Zoe.

Well, Mei has given me another headache. If you look at her & Zoe from behind you can see that both have enlarged teats & small bags forming. Zoe looks clearly pregnant while Mei is questionable. Mei's bag appears larger & more noticeable than Zoe's (still small yet noticeable), but yesterday Mei had white goop coming out of her wooha
th.gif
. She has remained swollen back there for a while so I do not know what to think. She isnt acting any different, & the goop wasnt there today so I have no clue whats going on. Tonka still constantly tries to mount her yet she hadnt shown heat signs since January. Could she be having a sympathy pregnant, something else, or is this normal?

I now have another prego to add to the thread this year! I wasnt going to be on mare watch this year because I decided to give my mare (TigerLily) a year off, but I do slaughter horse rescue on a small scale, & a few weeks back I attended one of the quarterly horse sales here just to see what was there. Long story short when I got there some guys were unloading a trailer of loose horses, I went to look at them & realized one of the mares on board was heavily pregnant & is a variation of the color champagne, which is apparently a pretty rare color. Being pregnant, champagne, & fairly mellow there was no way I was letting this mare go to the killers (at least 90-95% of loose horses normally do unless they are well bred youngsters). I know not everyone agrees about the horse slaughter issue but this is what I do & what I believe in. If you have something you would like to say to me please send a PM instead of posting on this thread!

Anyways all the info I have on her is that she is a 4yo off rez mustang, she was almost wild when I got her, is in foal to a palomino stallion, & she should be due in late May early June. Then again the folks that brought her in said she was halter trained, & they thought she was a palomino (that part is understandable). Their version of a halter trained horse is when you have to rope the horse to get the halter on lol. Thankfully I didnt have to rope her & got the halter on fairly quickly (call me a horse whisperer, just kidding!), but I did face plant because someone spooked her when we were walking down the alleys to the trailer xD.

Ive had her for a few weeks now, & im guessing that she is an Amber Cream/Ivory Champagne (I plan to test her soon but im guessing by the colors of some of the other horses she came in with). She is definitely some type of champagne since she has the light eyes & freckled skin. I do not think she is due in May or June though. I few days after I brought her home her bag started to fill, & she is really loose in the hind end so im guessing that she will most likely foal in April. Ive been working with her almost daily, & thankfully she has quickly gone from barely handleable to a horse that allows me to run my hands all over her body, & she just stands there ears drooped, foot cocked (working on the next steps to, but I do not want to push her too hard till after she foals). I was actually worried that she would take longer to come around because she wouldnt let anyone any where past her shoulders (near her stomach) at first for obvious reasons. I dont blame her, poor girl. Ive decided to call her Amber lol.

I do not have any really good pics to post of her, but here are a few, I took with my phone, of her in the trailer & in her pen the day & day after I brought her home. In the last pic she looks kinda skinny, but she is actually pretty decently filled in except for her ribs showing. Ignore the manure spots on her lol. I took some more pics today with my camera but its late so Ill upload those ASAP. The bad thing is that except for a slightly risen neck she is really beautiful, but in pics she looks funny & isnt much for saying cheese for the camera lol
roll.png
. I will also be posting pics of her bag & wooha.
Here she is:

Last edited:
Amber update: Its the final countdown! Im not positive, but I suspect Amber may foal before the week's end
big_smile.png
. I can see her milk now, & its gone from slightly amber & clear to pale yellow & semi clear but is pretty cloudy. I know all mares are different, but Im going with the info I have from TigerLily foaling last year, & she was like this, maybe, 4 days before she foaled
wee.gif
. Her vulva could be a little bit looser & her bag more full, but she is incredibly uncomfortable & needy. Not to mention her boat belly is insane. Im pretty sure she is maiden because the baby really kicks up a storm, & if I touch her stomach she does the fly flinch as if she doesnt know what the movement is or the difference between me touching her & the foal kicking. Yesterday it was really cool because it actually drug a hoof across my hand & it felt pretty solid. What an awesome feeling! Still need to post good pics but here are a few taken between 2-4 days ago (approx oldest to newest) including her teats & vulva (Those pics might be a few days older. I dont remember & my phone lies. Oh yeah & this is also proof that she is a true champagne roflmao XD). Ill take new pics tomorrow after I finish fixing a fence & finish preparing her foaling stall (my quarantine pen needed a better stall anyways. I just needed an excuse lol). Also please excuse the "snow" on the ground around her feet in some if the pics. I made the mistake of running my fingers through her coat to help thin out all of her loose winter hair, & I didnt snap to do it after I took the pics. Then the darn wind just has to blow it all over her hay to
he.gif

ETA: I will post an update on my does ASAP. Zoe remains HUGE, & now Mei is noticeable from the side. Her width still doesnt stand out though so im definitely thinking one small kid. I wouldnt be surprised if Zoe had triplets lol
tongue.png

Last edited:
Well the weather turned sour today. Right after I took the pics of Amber's bag & vulva the clouds rolled in & it got stormy on me (still raining as I type this). Hopefully this means more hay suppliers & a drop in the price of hay because $13 for a 2 strand of grass, $15-$18 a bag of grain, & 6 going on 7 horses is killing us right now xP.

Anyways Amber was acting EXTREMELY uncomfortable today. She actually left her hay at one point to attempt to roll then to wandered off, cocked her foot, & frequently swished her tail, stomping, kicking at her stomach, & looking downright miserable. Yep pretty sure she is maiden. The norm for her is to not leave her hay until every last nibble & some is gone except for maybe a water break, so for her to just walk off it was odd. Nope there werent any bugs anywhere near her to cause her to act like that. Her milk is still opaque tinted & cloudy. The funny thing is that even though ive been working on trust building a lot I do not think she really trusts me enough to go down if she knows im there so im guessing that either she forgot I was there (I was partially out of sight working on her foaling stall for a while, but I was making plenty of noise) & decided to roll because the baby was being extremely active & she doesnt know what the moving is or I think that she might have had a mild contraction. It was actually kind of amusing to watch her because once I heard the grunt & wump I went to check on her, since I know she doesnt normally do that, & she was completely down on her knees, but her hind end was still all the way up in the air, & when she saw me she stopped & stared at me. It was really amusing because of the position she was in & the look on her face lol. Poor thing though. She looked SO miserable :(.

Sorry I dont have good pics of her but here are the ones of her bag & wooha.

Yaay
wee.gif
Looks like you'll have a foal very soon.
keep us updated.

Definitely
smile.png
!

Here are some recent pics of the goats. It was snowing all night & its still going strong so I couldnt get any more pics of Amber but I will ASAP. She is pretty skittish because of the storm, & I could barely touch her. Oh well, hopefully when its done snowing she will calm down, & I can check her.

Mei

Zoe

Back
Top Bottom