Time for a gun...help me choose the right one?

Many people use the words clip and magazine interchangeably. I don't think it is a big deal.

Do you call a pickup truck a car and a car a truck? Proper use of nomenclature IS a big deal.

Nice shots of the M1 garand! Also the "clip" on the left is called an "en bloc" and on the right a "stripper"

I would suggest a Ruger 10-22 gun is cheap and the rounds are cheap, Or you could get a .17 or a 22 Mag This will handle pretty much any size predator that you deal with It is still a small caliber easy to shoot.

It is always good to have a 20 Ga shot gun around also.

People put too much faith in 17ham and 17mach2 They are fast flat shooting for sure and I have owned both, love me. Awesome for anything up to a coon then stop. If they hit a rib on a dog, coyote the frangible round shatters and a flesh wound with no penetration. The venerable 22mag still beats em both for versatility, same cost ammo. Not quite as flat a trajectory but up to 125 yards, deadly accurate and a killer. In Maine you can legally hunt deer with a 22 mag.

Nice looking rifle.

Thank you. It's a Dec 1954 production H&R. I'm a dealer, got lots of guns but that is my baby! Well my 1911 45acp too
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom