Tino just flogged my Grandma!!! Here is what i did:

His aggression has ramped up with me, I can't go into the run with out a stick, but we're really busy, my parents are educators with a few days of summer left, so they are scrambling to get things done. I barely have time to get myself around, let alone build a run. I don't think its going to happen soon. On the bright side, Little Gray has started tidbitting to his younger sisters. Its very cute, no mating involved, he seeks out tasty bugs, and then runs over to them, and tidbits, but instead of running with the prize, he drops it and goes to find more stuff❤

Here he is today.
0906201306.jpg

His aggression has ramped up with me, I can't go into the run with out a stick, but we're really busy, my parents are educators with a few days of summer left, so they are scrambling to get things done. I barely have time to get myself around, let alone build a run. I don't think its going to happen soon. On the bright side, Little Gray has started tidbitting to his younger sisters. Its very cute, no mating involved, he seeks out tasty bugs, and then runs over to them, and tidbits, but instead of running with the prize, he drops it and goes to find more stuff❤
Have you tried the suggestion of picking him up every day and carrying him around for 5 mins? Even if you do this first thing in the morning or last thing at night (because it is less drama to pick him up off the roost when he is calm) it is a good way to manage your relationship with him and therefore his behaviour towards you.

I suggested the stick initially as a way of asserting your space and moving him away without contact. But now I'm worried that you say you can't go in there without it. Perhaps it is fuelling his perception of you as a risk/challenge/aggressor.

Do try the picking up technique for a week and ditch the stick. Instead of the stick, use your hand and a sharp 'No' if he goes for you. Make sure you take up his space by walking through him and ignoring him a lot.

Have you tried the suggestion of picking him up every day and carrying him around for 5 mins? Even if you do this first thing in the morning or last thing at night (because it is less drama to pick him up off the roost when he is calm) it is a good way to manage your relationship with him and therefore his behaviour towards you.

I suggested the stick initially as a way of asserting your space and moving him away without contact. But now I'm worried that you say you can't go in there without it. Perhaps it is fuelling his perception of you as a risk/challenge/aggressor.

Do try the picking up technique for a week and ditch the stick. Instead of the stick, use your hand and a sharp 'No' if he goes for you. Make sure you take up his space by walking through him and ignoring him a lot.
My sister can pick him up, I haven't been though.
A. Because were busy
B. Because he kicks me
I can do it though, I've been doing it with Little Gray, and he just falls asleep. We've taken sticks in ever since the first time I got attacked. We were then able to not carry them in for about 2 weeks until he attacked my Grandma, we've been on high alert. He also seems more aggressive. I Probobly won't be able to move him for 2 weeks now, my parents said so unfortunately I will have to put up with it a bit longer.

he is probably being a hormonal teenager right now. Hold his feet tight and facing away from your body when you hold him so he can't kick you or peck you. Talk to him and soothe him and he will relax like Little Gray does. Try and act really confident around him, even if you are faking it! You have to be firm and in control. Not him!

Back
Top Bottom