Tiny call duckling

I just noticed something and I don't know if it will make sense or mean anything to anyone, but when I hold her up to my ear her stomach is making like the same noise as a crackling fire. There's also a slight clicking noise but I don't know if that is her stomach or her breathing.
May I suggest that you start weighing her daily? A healthy duckling her size should gain at least a few grams each day. If she is not gaining a few grams each day you should be concerned.

Sadly I think she has started getting worse. She has had a lot less energy and is feeling very bony and thin. She has gone down to 1.2oz/35g (from 1.5oz). I got B complex today and have tried to give her it but she mostly won't take it or spits it out. Is there a way for me to force feed her or something else I can do?

Sadly I think she has started getting worse. She has had a lot less energy and is feeling very bony and thin. She has gone down to 1.2oz/35g (from 1.5oz). I got B complex today and have tried to give her it but she mostly won't take it or spits it out. Is there a way for me to force feed her or something else I can do?
Did you get the human B vitamins from a pharmacy? i mix it in their water so when i hatched 2 ducklings i added 4 full droppers to their water each time i gave them water. Thats more than the recomended 100mg of niacin they need per day but they spill alot of the water

Losing weight is bad :( Tube feeding is possible but it not simple
@casportpony has amazing knowledge and articals focused on tube feeding, hopefully she will be on to comment

is the duckling eating and drinking on her own as of now? Does she have healthy poops?

Did you get the human B vitamins from a pharmacy? i mix it in their water so when i hatched 2 ducklings i added 4 full droppers to their water each time i gave them water. Thats more than the recomended 100mg of niacin they need per day but they spill alot of the water

Losing weight is bad :( Tube feeding is possible but it not simple
@casportpony has amazing knowledge and articals focused on tube feeding, hopefully she will be on to comment

is the duckling eating and drinking on her own as of now? Does she have healthy poops?
Yesterday she was eating and drinking, but I can't get her to eat or drink right now. I've tried using a syringe to get water into her mouth, but she immediately spits it all out. I got the human B complex and tried givng her it with the dropper but she also spit that out.

Yesterday she was eating and drinking, but I can't get her to eat or drink right now. I've tried using a syringe to get water into her mouth, but she immediately spits it all out. I got the human B complex and tried givng her it with the dropper but she also spit that out.
okay dont force anymore it can cause them to inhale water realy easily, tube feeding has the tube down into the crop

The easiest thing to offer is her food wet down to a soupy mash

I'm very sad to say that the duckling, Dumpling, just died in my arms. She went downhill very fast today and I knew she wasn't going to make it much longer. She was definitely suffering right before she passed (thrashing, unable to hold her head up, throwing her head backwards) so I'm glad she's not suffering anymore, but extremely upset that she didn't make it. Thank you all for your help and support.

Back
Top Bottom