Tiny call duckling

Hey there, Welcome to the forum!

At first glance i thaught it was a regular duckling and a call duckling, like someone snuck an egg in someone elses nest. But that is small even for a call duckling

Are they the only two you are raising right now? Make sure shes getting to the feed and water, sometimes the bigguns wont let the littluns eat

B complex vitamins are great for ducklings
when i hatch 2 at a time i just use pharmacy liquid B vitamin complexView attachment 2032987

But most folks use the more concentrated stuff for animalsView attachment 2032988

If shes still doing well you can sprinking nutritional brewers yeast on their food its packed with vitamins and nutrientsView attachment 2032989

We are all pulling for you and your little babies
Goodluck!
Thank you so much. I have been adding brewers yeast to their feed but I will definitely get some B complex for her.

Hey there, Welcome to the forum!

At first glance i thaught it was a regular duckling and a call duckling, like someone snuck an egg in someone elses nest. But that is small even for a call duckling

Are they the only two you are raising right now? Make sure shes getting to the feed and water, sometimes the bigguns wont let the littluns eat

B complex vitamins are great for ducklings
when i hatch 2 at a time i just use pharmacy liquid B vitamin complexView attachment 2032987

But most folks use the more concentrated stuff for animalsView attachment 2032988

If shes still doing well you can sprinking nutritional brewers yeast on their food its packed with vitamins and nutrientsView attachment 2032989

We are all pulling for you and your little babies
Goodluck!
Also, I got the egg off eBay and have already checked with the guy about a mix up because of an issue during hatching. He told me he only has call ducks.

7.9 ounces is 224 grams, which is *huge*, I mean I think my Muscovy ducklings weigh that much when they are two weeks old. 1.5 ounces is 42 grams, which seems like it might be a little on the light side for a two-week-old call duckling.

Let me see if I can find some of my charts!

Welcome to BYC! Do you have a food scale that you can start weighing the ducklings on? @Pyxis, @WVduckchick, @shawluvsbirds, do any of you know what an average weight of a two-week old call duck should be?

Sadly I don’t. I have some due to hatch next weekend. Maybe I’ll start a spreadsheet. That would be good info.
@WannaBeHillBilly kept a sheet on his big ducks. I would think the gain percentage should be fairly the same. Percentage-wise, not pound-wise. :p

7.9 ounces is 224 grams, which is *huge*, I mean I think my Muscovy ducklings weigh that much when they are two weeks old. 1.5 ounces is 42 grams, which seems like it might be a little on the light side for a two-week-old call duckling.

Let me see if I can find some of my charts!
That seemed huge to me too for a two week old call duckling.
That's almost half the weight of some of my full grown calls. Me thinks the egg seller could be fibbing. Or a wild duck bred their calls somehow. .or something fishy is going on. I just don't know what.

Ok, I found some comparison pics. I hatched calls and Saxony/Pekin mixes on the same day back in August. Here they are at a day or two old, and at exactly 2 weeks old. The 4 alone are calls, the other 2 are the mixes. second pic isn’t great, but was the best comparison I had at a couple days old.
0745FACA-EA6B-42BF-83B4-457C00CFF7B9.jpeg
50B553A4-FCA9-4550-B87B-A6E081C06500.jpeg

5FE1194B-F313-4E08-BCAB-B001DCC987C4.png

Back
Top Bottom