TINY egg. We're talking PENNY SIZED...!!?

A question to all:
Has anyone ever had success with hatching such a small egg? Does anyone know someone or heard of someone that did?
That would be one small chick... :lol:

A question to all:
Has anyone ever had success with hatching such a small egg? Does anyone know someone or heard of someone that did?
Any embryo that could start developing in such a tiny egg would likely stop and die somewhere along the way due to lack of space, missing yolk (often there's no yolk or a tiny one), etc.

Has anyone ever opened one?
Was there a tiny yolk? :)
Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with older layers.

A question to all:
once did that by mistake thought my bantam laid it but I don't think she did so ended putting it under a broody and after a week of the chicks hatching decided to crack it open and saw it started to develop but died most likely due to lack of space or yolk but now I try to keep bantams separate so I know what egg hatch

Back
Top Bottom