Tiny eggs?????

veronicadm8

Songster
6 Years
May 16, 2014
I found tiny chicken eggs (approx the size of a penny!!!) in my yard. The oldest of my chicks that hatched this year are about 4 mos old, and are a cross between sizzle/silkie and millie fluer. Could these be from them?? I have never had a hen start laying prior to 6-7 mos.... Not really concerned. Just curious :) Anyone else have this experience? Fairy eggs perhaps, from what I've read?

I found tiny chicken eggs (approx the size of a penny!!!) in my yard. The oldest of my chicks that hatched this year are about 4 mos old, and are a cross between sizzle/silkie and millie fluer. Could these be from them?? I have never had a hen start laying prior to 6-7 mos.... Not really concerned. Just curious :) Anyone else have this experience? Fairy eggs perhaps, from what I've read?
Sure they can be from them. Sizzles, silkies and millie fluer are very small birds and thus lay smaller eggs than what you see at the grocery store. So their first ones will be really little...they look pretty, though!

LOL. Thanks! Not my first go round with first eggs from either breed and have never seen such a thing!! Guess there's a first time for everything :)

Back
Top Bottom