Tiny lash egg?

GRB73

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2016
SE Pennsylvania
Always something new with these girls. My 5.5 yo Wyandotte passes small white masses in her stool a few times a week. The first time I noticed was back in April when we had her isolated in a crate because she'd sprained her leg. The mass is about 0.5" and uniform in color throughout. Is this a lash egg? She hasn't laid an egg since February, which is fine by me because her eggs this year had been thin shelled despite the oyster shell I offered. Her comb and wattle are still bright red and she still squats for me when I go to pick her up. Are these just weird little eggs signaling the end of her lay cycle? Otherwise she is a very active, social hen.

Attachments

• 20210719_175220_Film3.jpg
    20210719_175220_Film3.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 86
It does look like a possible lash egg. Can you cut it in half and post another picture? Lash eggs are a product of salpingitis or inflammation of the oviduct.

It does look like a possible lash egg. Can you cut it in half and post another picture? Lash eggs are a product of salpingitis or inflammation of the oviduct.
I cut it open, but the inside looked exactly like the outside. It is rubbery and reminds me of the texture of the outside of a hard-boiled egg.

Back
Top Bottom