Tiny one seems weak…

PolloGal

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Eastern TN
The turkeys I hatched 5 days ago are doing well…except for the littlest one..(bourbon red). All was fine yesterday, but this morning he was a bit lethargic and can’t ‘right’ himself when he topples…which I did not see him do yesterday at all (topple Over). I gave some electrolytes and dipped his beak in some mash of water and his feed, but I am really worried. Tomorrow I have to be at work for about 10 hours and I am afraid for this little one. He is not nearly active like the others now. I would ask my neighbor to check, but she is out of town and I live rural. What can I do to strengthen him before this gets bad. He stands ok..chirps…but I can tell…he is not as strong as the others now. Would poultry nutri drench help? Anything better or instead of?

I give mine a dab of nutri drench straight from the dropper. Sometimes they perk up sometimes they don’t. I have 4 in a brooder right now and this is the worst hatching, poult experience I’ve had. I dunno what went wrong this time but it’s one issue after another. One hatched with one eye open and the other eye is fine not swollen or anything it’s like it decided to be a pirate. I dunno.

I give mine a dab of nutri drench straight from the dropper. Sometimes they perk up sometimes they don’t. I have 4 in a brooder right now and this is the worst hatching, poult experience I’ve had. I dunno what went wrong this time but it’s one issue after another. One hatched with one eye open and the other eye is fine not swollen or anything it’s like it decided to be a pirate. I dunno.
UGH…sorry about your little one. This is my first turkey hatching experience…they are much harder than chickens.

BTW… how often do you do the Nutri drench?

BTW… how often do you do the Nutri drench?
They do need some extra attention at first but once they get it they’re good to go. I don’t go by a schedule giving it. If I check on them and it seems ok I’ll wait or sometimes I’ll give a drip maybe every 3 or 4 hours depending on how it seems to be reacting.

I’ve hatched out a bunch of turkeys but this last hatch I had 25 eggs and only 4 hatched and one still trying to hatch 4 days after hatch was supposed to be done. This one just externally pipped last night. I’m thinking humidity issue.

Back
Top Bottom