tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
Quote:
I put my electronic thermostat in a few years ago and it is still right on. I did get it from GQF. Right now I have my incubator in my garage. I had company so I moved it from where I had it to make room for the company. It is still working perfectly.

I put my electronic thermostat in a few years ago and it is still right on. I did get it from GQF. Right now I have my incubator in my garage. I had company so I moved it from where I had it to make room for the company. It is still working perfectly.

I'm in Texas where it is HOT in the summer. Lots of GQF cabinet owners keep their incubators out in garage, barn, etc; and hatch just fine. Mine's been on our closed in back porch which is cooled once in a while but mostly not.

Wow!! Just swapped out the 12 volt Computer fans with the new/updated 110 Volt Fans, and now my 1502 is so quite I can barely hear it running. The 12 volt fans have a plastic housing while the new 110 volt fans have a metal housing, much more beefier. I'm not sure when GQF made this upgrade to the 110 volt fans, obviously they cut corners with the 12 volt fans and mine started failing only after two years of use. Lots of goings on down at the Quail farm, I wish they would keep their customers up to date on issues. I had over 5 dozen eggs in my 1502 and if I lost my fans completely these eggs would have suffered. I could have easily swapped these fans out last winter when the 1502 wasn't in use, but now I had to drop more dollars for the complete fan/heater assembly so I could make the swap quicker with eggs in the incubator. I definitely have some spare parts now
big_smile.png

Just a heads up to anyone that bought a new 1502, mine was purchased in April 2013.
You can check the rating on you fans by looking at the front of the fans, also the 12 volt fans are plugged into a 110v > 12v converter which is no longer needed for the 110 volt upgrade.

Wow!! Just swapped out the 12 volt Computer fans with the new/updated 110 Volt Fans, and now my 1502 is so quite I can barely hear it running. The 12 volt fans have a plastic housing while the new 110 volt fans have a metal housing, much more beefier. I'm not sure when GQF made this upgrade to the 110 volt fans, obviously they cut corners with the 12 volt fans and mine started failing only after two years of use. Lots of goings on down at the Quail farm, I wish they would keep their customers up to date on issues. I had over 5 dozen eggs in my 1502 and if I lost my fans completely these eggs would have suffered. I could have easily swapped these fans out last winter when the 1502 wasn't in use, but now I had to drop more dollars for the complete fan/heater assembly so I could make the swap quicker with eggs in the incubator. I definitely have some spare parts now
big_smile.png

Just a heads up to anyone that bought a new 1502, mine was purchased in April 2013.
You can check the rating on you fans by looking at the front of the fans, also the 12 volt fans are plugged into a 110v > 12v converter which is no longer needed for the 110 volt upgrade.
I wonder when they converted over to the plastic 12v fans. My cabinet is quite old but it has a metal 110v fan.

Like I mentioned in my previous post the single metal 110V mechanical fan had a long history & track record, I believe that fan was replaced with the dual computer fans sometime around 2007 when GQF converted all of their cabinet incubators from wood to plastic board.. Not sure how long the dual 12 volt computer fans were installed in their cabinet incubators since their website is not very informative in that regard. Not all replacement parts are actually listed on their website either.

Last edited:
big_smile.png

Did you get the 110v fan from GQF?

welcome-byc.gif

i also control my humidity by using the vents in the back of my incubator. Mine is an older one I have had for many years but it works great.

how do i use this incubator? i recently bought the same one but it didnt come with instructions and im not sure which buttons do what and also not sure if the trays are rotating?? any help is much appreciated

Quote:
The trays rotate every 2 hours. Here I have pheasant and chicken eggs in the incubator.

This was after we replaced the wafer thermostat with an electronic one.

In between hatching seasons.

I do staggered hatches every spring. Getting ready to take eggs out to put in the hatchers and getting ready to put another rack of eggs in the incubator

Before we changed the thermostat.

I use my styrofoam incubators as hatchers.

I have a 1502 sportsman and I'd like to know what my humidity should be with guinea eggs if I fill the water pan up it goes to mid 80's but read it should be around 50 how do I regulate it better

Back
Top Bottom