tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
I paid more attention to mine this AM and it does make noise. I have it in another room. If I had it in with my TV watching it would be annoying. I can hear it from 15-20 feet away but not from a room two rooms away. Sorry don't know how else to discribe it.

Reall
I paid more attention to mine this AM and it does make noise. I have it in another room. If I had it in with my TV watching it would be annoying. I can hear it from 15-20 feet away but not from a room two rooms away. Sorry don't know how else to discribe it.

Really? It's that noisy! Wow maybe I should rethink this. I like my quiet.

It beeps too when it moves into another position. You know what is more annoying? A terrible incubator! The 1502 is fantastic, I have had it running since December non stop hatching every 7-10 or so days. Some stuff doesn't hatch but most does. I will get the 5 gallon bucket attachment one day because being in Florida I didn't think with our high humidity the water would run out so fast but it does every 3 days. Is it a deal breaker?, no. Do I have losses because sometimes it runs dry?, I don't think so. But it does move some serious air around in there. It's a great investment and when you are done there are plenty folks that would gladly buy it from you.

The turner IS loud! Funny, I didn't think so until I tried to sleep in the guestroom where I had the incubator. It woke me up every time it turned.

I do think this is the norm for this big of a turner/incubator. I was just surprised because my lititle turners are barely audible.

Maybe a Dickey incubator would be more quiet but I'm not sure. My incubator is an older GQF that I have had for many years. I never really paid attention to the noise it makes when the turners turn.

It would only matter if I left the incubator in the guest room when I had guests.
I had been removing it from the room when guests stay over so I could have access to it. It's never been an issue for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom